If you’ve never been introduced to printable bubble letters before, you’re in for a treat! I’m about to share 18 totally free ABC bubble letters and numbers that you can use for crafts, games, décor, and more. Trust me, from cute to classy, these free printable bubble letter templates cover all the bases!
Confession: I’m a bit of a free printables hoarder. I figure since they’re free, and I’m only cluttering up digital space, there are worse things to collect. And one of my all time favorite printables to snag is printable bubble letters because they have such a wide variety of uses.
In the past, I’ve used printable alphabet bubble letters for both education and entertainment, for both myself and my son. For example, I especially enjoyed using traceable bubble letters to help my little man improve his writing skills and get more familiar with his letters. I’ve also used traceable bubble letters for myself as a way to master modern calligraphy fonts!
Big bubble letters can also easily become coloring sheets, again, both for your kids and yourself. Coloring is both educational and entertaining. For example, it improves fine motor control, helps you delve into your creativity, and can induce a state of relaxation.
See what I mean? Free printable bubble letters are great for all ages!
Honestly, the uses for free printable bubble letters are practically endless, which is why I’ve collected so many! 😉 And I haven’t even started talking about the variety of bubble letter templates out there! Seriously, from cute to classy, from simple to scary, there are printable alphabet bubble letters for every occasion (and probably a few I haven’t even thought of yet).
Below are 18 of my favorite printable bubble letters templates that I think you might enjoy adding to your own printables collection.
Oh, and if you’re looking for slightly “fancier” ABC bubble letters, check out these printable calligraphy letters.
1. Free Printable Bubble Letters Alphabet (Uppercase) – As the weather starts to cool off, finding frugal and fun indoor activities is a must! Free coloring sheets, like these big bubble letters, are a great option for a (mostly) mess-free indoor activity. Parents, you can get in on the fun too with these free adult coloring pages.
Tip: You can also use this bubble letter template to create flash cards or matching games. These are all great ways to help your kiddo learn to recognize, sound out, and write his or her letters.
2. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Lowercase Bubble Letters – One thing I’ve noticed is that many of the templates out there are big bubble letters, and by that I mean uppercase alphabets. This can be a bit of a problem when you’re trying to use them for educational purposes. Luckily, here’s a lowercase version for all of your ABC bubble letters needs!
3. Free Printable Bubble Letters: 3D Bubble Letters Alphabet – No special glasses are required to make these printable alphabet bubble letters feel like they’re coming right at you! 🙂 I think these would be a fun addition to a scrapbooking or crafting project.
4. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Cursive Bubble Letters Alphabet – Okay, full disclosure, these free printable bubble letters aren’t real cursive, like what you had to learn in 3rd grade and haven’t used since unless you’re writing a check, but they are cursive-esque. The curves and swoops of these ABC bubble letters give them a slightly upscale feel that might lend them to projects that’ll be used as décor or otherwise displayed (such as party decorations).
5. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Graffiti Bubble Letters Alphabet – Just admit it—these printable alphabet bubble letters are just plain fun! I’d definitely use them for creating kid’s party decorations or even just bedroom décor. I think they’d also make extra fun coloring sheets when you’re trying to stave off cabin fever.
6. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Reindeer Themed Cute Bubble Letters Alphabet – Sure, these big bubble letters are festive and full of holiday spirit, but trust me, your kids will enjoy them year round. Use these and the Christmas printable bubble letters (#8) to help your kids create heartfelt (and frugal) holiday cards for their loved ones, but don’t be afraid to whip them out even in the middle of July! Maybe your kiddos can even decorate the reindeer with some summer apparel, like a pair of sunglasses or a floppy beach hat. 🙂
7. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Christmas Bubble Letters Alphabet – Get ready for the holidays with these big bubble letters. You can use these to help the little ones spell out holiday-esque words like “Santa,” to make labels for DIY gifts, or even to make frugal ornaments.
8. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Teddy Bears Bubble Letters Alphabet – If you’re looking for a bubble letter template that’s perfect for a baby shower, look no further. Not only would these ABC bubble letters make for adorable and frugal shower décor, they could also be used to make a heartfelt gift. For example, if the mom-to-be knows what the baby’s name will be, print out the first letter of said name and dress it up. Perhaps get all the party attendees to write notes of love and well wishes and then frame that letter to hang in the nursery. See? Adorable.
9. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Outer Space Bubble Letters Alphabet – These printable alphabet bubble letters are simply out-of-this-world fun! If you have a kiddo who is obsessed with outer space, he or she is sure to love these coloring sheets. You could also use these free printable letters to make a bunting or sign to decorate his or her room.
10. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Puzzle Bubble Letters Alphabet – If your kiddo is feeling a little burned out on traceable bubble letters but could use a little more practice with his or her letters, how about creating actual ABC puzzles? Print out these big bubble letters on a thicker paper (like card stock), cut them apart, and then let your kiddo reassemble the letters. Consider only doing a few letters at a time—perhaps you can even pick letters that spell something such as his or her name.
11. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Flower Bubble Letters Alphabet – These whimsical ABC bubble letters are a great way to celebrate spring or perhaps Easter. They could also work well if you’re celebrating the birthday of a little princess or throwing a baby shower for a little girl. For any of these occasions and more, this bubble letter template with flowers is a must-have!
12. Free Printable Bubble Letters – Fancy Bubble Letters Alphabet – Looking for letters that are a little more upscale? Look no further! These slanted ABC bubble letters are anything but basic and can add a special touch to whatever it is you’re working on.
13. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Cat and Dog Bubble Letters Alphabet – Okay, is there anything that wouldn’t be cuter with the addition of puppies and kittens? These big bubble letters are no exception! Bonus: Unlike real cats and dogs, these free printable bubble letters don’t shed! 😉
14. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Balloon Bubble Letters Alphabet – This bubble letter template features each letter, A through Z, in the shape a balloon. They’re festive and slightly whimsical, perfect for boys and girls alike. If you’re looking for a way to make learning the ABCs a bit more fun, definitely snag this bubble letter template.
15. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Bubble Letter Alphabet Stencils (Uppercase) – If you need a really good set of traceable bubble letters, look no further than this uppercase alphabet and the lowercase version below (#17). The lines of each letter are extra thick and dark, making each detail easy to see through thinner paper, such as most notebook paper.
16. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Lowercase Bubble Letter Alphabet Stencils – Thanks to these traceable bubble letters, your kiddo will be writing in no time. If he or she becomes a best-selling writer some day, be sure to remind them of how they got their start! 😉
17. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Bubble Numbers 0 – 100 – Learning your letters is super important but so is learning your numbers! To help out with all of your number needs, from learning to count to doing basic math problems to creating birthday décor, snag these printable bubble letter numbers!
18. Free Printable Bubble Letters: Rounded Uppercase Alphabet – Here’s another set of fun (and free) printable bubble letters to try out. Consider making coloring sheets for your little one to decorate by cutting out the letters and spelling something, like his or her name, or the word “cat” above a colorable picture of a cat.
Printable bubble letters and numbers are insanely useful. Seriously, I could probably write a book on all of the different ways you can have fun with them. And trust me when I say these 18 free printable bubble letters templates have barely scratched the surface of the designs available on the Internet!
Do you know of other must-have printable bubble letter templates? If so help a freebie finding mom out and share your favs in the comments! I’d also love to hear how you’ve been using ABC bubble letters, both with your kids and for yourself.