Ready or not, the back to school season is approaching. Get ready with these free first day of school printables for kids, parents, & even teachers!
15 First Day of School FREE Printables
As a kid, I can remember feeling a little glum as the end of summer approached, and I was a nerd who LOVED school, so I can only imagine how other kids felt! Unfortunately, as an adult, I have that same feeling… although for a whole new set of reasons. I never feel quite ready to send the little man back to school. There’s a million and one things to do and they all seem to collide at the last minute into a jumbled up heap of pure chaos. Luckily, there are printables for that! 🙂
Here are some of my all time favorite first day of school FREE printables.
Other than the fact that they’re 100% free, what makes these first day of school free printables so completely amazing is that they’ve got a little something for everyone. Yep, whether you’re a kid, parent, or teacher, you’ll find something for you among my favorite free first day of school printables.
1. Free First Day of School Printable (Freebie Finding Mom) – This free customizable first day of school sign is a great way to commemorate your child’s progress through school. Make it a family tradition to snap a photo of your child holding this printable before he or she heads off to catch the bus on the first day of school.
2. Free Printable Back to School Checklist (Freebie Finding Mom) – Don’t wait until the last minute, get organized now with this free first day of school printable. This checklist will help you knock out all of your back-to-school to dos while maintaining a modicum of sanity! 😉
3. Free Printable Back to School Coloring Sheets (Freebie Finding Mom) – Whether you’re a parent trying to give your kiddos a confidence boost before the bell rings or a teacher looking for an activity that eases the kids back into the school routine, this first day of school free printable coloring sheet can help.
4. Free Printable Word Search (Freebie Finding Mom) – Here’s another of the free first day of school printables that may be useful to both parents and teachers. This word search is a fun way to fire up those brains after summer vacation.
5. Free Printable Book Covers (Freebie Finding Mom) – Use these first day of school free printables to protect your kiddos textbooks. Tip: Teachers can also introduce this printable on the first day back in order to ensure all textbooks are covered and kept safe.
6. Free Printable Homework Charts (Freebie Finding Mom) – Ensure your little one starts the year off right by utilizing this free first day of school printable. Obviously, if needed, you can easily use this homework chart year round but at a minimum, it’s nice to use when the kids are still in the “summer routine” and trying to adjust to being back in the classroom.
7. Free Printable and Customizable Welcome Back to School Letters (Freebie Finding Mom) – Need to tell the kids (and parents) in your class what to expect this year? Turn to these free customizable first day of school letters. They’re a great way to set expectations and open a line of communication before the first bell even rings! 🙂
8. Free Printable First Day and Last Day of School Bunting (Simple Made Pretty) – This fun free customizable first day of school sign is another way to celebrate your little one’s progress from kindergarten all the way through high school.
9. Back to School Essentials: Free Daily Routine Printable (Thrifty Jinxy) – One of the worst parts (for me) of sending the little dude back to school is getting the routine down. We’re a lot more casual in the summer but school days need to run like a well oiled machine! That’s where this free first day of school printable comes in real handy. (Actually, I use it for the first couple of weeks.)
10. Chicken Taco Bento Box Lunch with Printable Lunchbox Notes (Thrifty Jinxy) – Make lunch delicious, nutritious, and fun with the help of this chicken taco recipe complete with first day of school free printable notes. Give your child a pleasant surprise by popping one of these cute notes in his or her lunchbox each day through the first week of school. 🙂
11. FREE Printable Lunchbox Notes (Thrifty Jinxy) – Here’s another set of free first day of school printable lunchbox notes to use. I’m especially fond of using these for kiddos that are new to heading off to school (ex. 1st grade) and might be feeling anxious about the experience.
12. Editable First Day of School Signs (Chalkboard and Notepad Paper Versions) (Planes & Balloons) – These free customizable first day of school signs are great for scrapbooking and otherwise remembering those all important first days. 🙂
13. First Day of School Printable Signs (Planes & Balloons) – Looking for simpler free customizable first day of school signs? Look no further. These designs are a bit cleaner than the other options.
14. First Day Back to School Printables (My Heavenly Recipes) – These free first day of school printables could even be used by teachers to do a class photo each year. Thanks to all the digital options now, a teacher can snap a quick photo and easily email it to all the parents or post it to a private Facebook group just for the class parents.
15. Free Printable Lunch Box Jokes (The Inspiration Vault) – Instead of sweet, how about a little sour? (Jokes are “sour”… right?) Anyway, these first day of school free printable lunchbox jokes are sure to bring a smile to your kiddo’s face!
Can’t get enough free first day of school printables and other freebies? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Best of Freebie Finding Mom, Freebies, and Freebies for Kids Pinterest boards.
Leave a Reply