Whether you’re looking to zap zits, make your hair shimmer, clean grout in your house, or rid yourself of foot funk, homemade essential oil recipes can help. Essential oils are pretty incredible; they can help you do so many things while avoiding costly store bought goods that are rife with chemicals and unpronounceable ingredients. Not sold on the power of homemade essential oil recipes? Well, you’re about to be. Here are 41 homemade essential oil recipes that will inspire you. Trust me, you’ll never look at essential oils the same again.
Need more helpful DIY inspiration? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
*When ordering, please insert 2751941 for the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID. Contact me with any questions.
Homemade Beauty Products
1. Homemade Acne Treatment (Freebie Finding Mom) – If you’re at war with acne and pesky breakouts, this homemade acne treatment is about to become your BFF. With just 4 ingredients, homemade essential oil recipes don’t get much easier than this!
2. DIY Lip Gloss (Freebie Finding Mom) – This all natural DIY lip gloss is safe for everyone in the house to use including your little ones.
3. Homemade Cuticle Oil (Freebie Finding Mom) – Hide your hands no more! You can whip up this homemade essential oil recipe in less time than it’ll take you to locate cuticle oil at your local store.
4. Homemade Face Moisturizer (Freebie Finding Mom) – Believe it or not, you’re just 3 steps away from softer, healthier, and younger looking skin thanks to this moisturizer that is rich in good-for-you ingredients like coconut oil and almond oil.
5. Homemade Anti-Aging Face Mask (Freebie Finding Mom) – Fight the signs of aging with this homemade essential oil recipe… I’ll bet you have some of the ingredients in your kitchen right now.
6. Homemade Hair Shampoo (Freebie Finding Mom) – You’ll turn heads with this coconut milk shampoo. Not only will your hair be healthier, it’ll be softer and shinier as well.
7. Homemade Hair Conditioner (Freebie Finding Mom) – This homemade essential oil recipe contains lavender oil to help you relax after a long day. In addition, it is free of silicons, alcohols, and other chemicals which can damage your hair and irritate your scalp.
8. Homemade Stretch Mark Cream (Freebie Finding Mom) – Ward off stretch marks with this DIY cream loaded with good-for-your-skin ingredients including natural moisturizers like cocoa butter.
9. Homemade Tooth Whitener (Freebie Finding Mom) – Get a brighter, whiter smile in just 2 minutes with this easy to make, easy to use tooth whitener. Once you use this you’ll be looking for any excuse to “say cheese!”
10. Homemade Pore Strips (Freebie Finding Mom) – Homemade essential oil recipes, like this one for pore strips, are an excellent way to save money without sacrificing your appearance. These pore strips pack a real punch thanks to the tea tree essential oil which has anti-microbial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties as well as the ability to penetrate deep into your skin and clean out pores.
11. Avocado Face Mask (Freebie Finding Mom) – Treat your skin with this face mask made from primarily avocado and banana. Avocados are rich in antioxidants which help fight the signs of aging while bananas provide loads of vitamin A to help restore lost moisture and repair damaged or dry skin.
12. DIY Lipstick (Freebie Finding Mom) – Use this homemade essential oil recipe and stop wasting money on lipstick that never quite matches the shade you need. Not only does this recipe allow you to get the perfect shade, you can customize the scent by using different essential oils.
13. Homemade Rosemary Shampoo Bars (Freebie Finding Mom) – Go retro with these easy to make shampoo bars which can help eliminate frizz and soften your hair. In fact, you may not even need conditioner if you start using these bars.
14. Skin Tightening (Ann’s Entitled Life) – Tighten, tone, and replenish your skin with this homemade essential oil recipe. Not only will you get an awesome anti-aging skin tightening product, you’ll learn a thing or two about working with essential oils.
15. Homemade Anti-Aging Moisturizer (Our Small Hours) – If you have sensitive skin or are just looking for a really easy DIY anti-aging moisturizer, try this recipe. It has only 2 ingredients and to concoct a batch all you have to do is shake them together to combine.
Homemade Cleaning Products
16. Homemade Cleaning and Sanitizing Spray (The Essential Baker) – Homemade essential oil recipes aren’t just for your body (for beauty products). You can also use them to clean your home. This cleaning and sanitizing spray can be used on a variety of surfaces.
17. Grout Cleaner (Home in the Finger Lakes) – Not only will this homemade cleaning product clean your grout, it’ll neutralize odors. That’s right, not cover them up with a perfume-y scent but actually neutralize them thanks to the baking soda and vinegar.
18. Window Cleaner (Home in the Finger Lakes) – This homemade essential oil recipe will leave your glass sparkling and streak free as well as leave a pleasant citrus scent in the room.
19. Homemade Cleaner (My Heavenly Recipes) – Want a cleaner that is chemical free and safe to use around children and pets? Look no further! The “chef” behind this recipe says she hasn’t purchased store-bought cleaners in over 3 years!