Instead of rushing to the drugstore for pricey, often times chemical laden chapsticks and lip balms, give this DIY lip gloss a try. This homemade recipe for beauty products that would cost several dollars at the store is a fun, frugal, and more natural way to kick those chapped lips to the curb. Trust me, this DIY lip gloss is just as effective as anything you can purchase at the store.
Since it’s made from ingredients you can actually pronounce, I even feel safe using a non-tinted version of this DIY lip gloss on my little one.
Bonus, since this homemade recipe for beauty will make more than enough for one, you can use this DIY lip gloss as a Christmas gift.
10 Homemade Recipes for Beauty Products: DIY Lip Gloss
Want more DIY beauty tips and homemade recipes for beauty? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY beauty tips Pinterest board.
*Makes approximately 10-12 .25 ounce containers of gloss.
1. Place the coconut oil and beeswax in a small pan and heat in 20 second increments, stirring in-between, until fully melted.
2. Stir in a tiny piece of lipstick, adding until you reach your desired shade.
3. If desired, you can add 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil to add flavor i.e. peppermint, vanilla, orange, coconut, or cinnamon.
4. Transfer the mixture to a glass measuring cup with a spout and pour gently into pots filling about ¾ of the way full.
5. Let pots sit and as mixture cools it will firm up.
6. Place lids on the pots and add a dot sticker to the top with the flavor written on it. Store the lip balm in a cool dark place until use.
What flavor-color combination of DIY lip gloss will you try?
If you want shiny glossy hair to go with your glossy lips, give this DIY coconut oil hair mask a try!
This is just one of 10 homemade recipes for beauty that I’ll be sharing. Be sure to keep checking back for more.