Unfortunately, for many of us, beautiful skin doesn’t come easily. It involves a lot of creams, elixirs, and concoctions that baffle men and heck, baffle many of us. In addition, a side effect of all of these skin perfecting potions is an empty wallet. In fact, often, the price tag on those tiny jars promising miracles is enough to make me wonder if gorgeous skin is worth it. Should I just suffer through breakouts? Put up with itchy rough skin? That is until I discovered the powers of essential oils and how to make things like homemade pore strips.
By making beauty products at home, such as this recipe for a homemade pore strip, I’m able to save big bucks and still get envy worthy skin. It’s a win-win. I don’t consider myself to be a DIY expert; however, may of the homemade beauty recipes I’ve encountered (including this one for homemade pore strips) are so easy its almost laughable. Seriously, many of them merely involve mixing a few ingredients together in a bowl and occasionally melting something in a microwave. In fact, many are easier than cooking a frozen meal for lunch.
In addition, I feel super comfortable using a homemade pore strip (as well as other homemade beauty products) – more so than the products I would buy at the store. With homemade products you know exactly what is in them. There’s no funny ingredient names that seem like mere mumbo jumbo.
What makes these homemade pore strips so powerful is the Tea Tree essential oil. Tea Tree oil is amazing at preventing acne breakouts. It has anti-microbial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties as well as properties that allow it to penetrate deep into your skin and clear out pores.
Give these homemade pore strips a try and I promise you’ll never go back to the store bought products!
2 tsp. milk
2 tsp. honey
1-2 drops Tea Tree essential oil
2 ply napkins or paper towels
1. Cut napkins into 1 ½” to 2” wide strips about 5 inches long.
2. Stir together milk, honey, and essential oil until well combined.
3. Add 1 napkin strip to mixture and let it soak until it is saturated.
4. Squeeze a bit of the moisture out of the napkin; however, remember that you want the homemade pore strip to be pretty damp.
1. Apply the matured napkin to the bridge of your nose, pressing into your face gently but firmly.
2. Allow to dry completely – about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Peel up quickly in one direction.
Use your homemade pore strips once or twice per week.
For more easy homemade beauty recipes, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.