Okay, I bet your first question is “What the heck are shampoo bars?” Well, I’m glad you asked! Shampoo bars are not some newfangled invention… in fact, they were the norm back in the days before bottled shampoo and conditioner were formulated. They’re simply shampoo in bar form (like a bar of soap).
At this point, your next question is probably, “So what, why should I use shampoo bars?” Am I a mind reader or what? Anyway, again, I’m glad you asked. Shampoo bars have started to make a real comeback as more and more people search for natural and healthier ways to take care of their hair.
Depending on where you live, you most likely won’t find shampoo bars on your grocery store shelf. You can probably find them in organic stores, specialty boutiques, and of course, on the Internet; however, that means paying some big bucks… or you could just whip up your own homemade shampoo bars.
Homemade shampoo bars aren’t difficult to make. They only require 4 ingredients and approximately 15 minutes to make (not including cooling time to harden). Plus, when you make homemade shampoo bars you can add additional essential oils if you please to customize your scent.
Homemade shampoo bars can help eliminate frizz and soften your hair. In fact, you may not even need conditioner. Shampoo bars in general have been quite a hit with the curly-haired community. People with curly hair have reported that shampoo bars provide better curl definition and more manageable curls than bottled shampoo.
So go ahead… give these homemade shampoo bars a try today.
Bonus: Since this recipe will make more than one homemade shampoo bar, you can gift some to your friends and family. They’re sure to love them!
1. Chop shampoo base into smaller pieces (approximately 1”x 1”).
2. Place cubes in a small pan over medium low heat, stirring frequently until melted completely.
3. Remove from heat and let it cool for 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in castile soap, olive oil and essential oil.
5. Pour into mold.
6. Allow soap to firm up.
Note: I like to let mine sit overnight. It really doesn’t take that long, but it is simple to pop these homemade shampoo bars out once they have thoroughly hardened up.
7. Store in a dry, cool place and avoid leaving your homemade shampoo bar in the direct spray of the shower to make it last longer.
Want more great DIY beauty tips and recipes like this one for homemade shampoo bars? Then be sure to check out:
– Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board
– This collection of 14 easy DIY beauty recipes
– The complete list of DIY beauty recipes
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.