Homemade Household Products
20. Homemade Coconut Oil Lotion Bars (Freebie Finding Mom) – Could your heels, elbows, or hands cut someone? If you answered “yes,” it’s time to lotion up. I recommend this homemade essential oil recipe for coconut oil lotion bars.
21. DIY Body Buter (Freebie Finding Mom) – Hydrate your skin with this body butter. You can make it at home without even turning on the oven!
22. Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars with Coconut Oil (Freebie Finding Mom) – Notice how many homemade essential oil recipes contain coconut oil? This one is no exception and that’s because coconut oil has a whole slew of benefits for your skin. Try out this wonder oil with these homemade sugar scrub bars.
23. Homemade Body Wash (Freebie Finding Mom) – Skip stores like Bath and Body Works and create your own sweet smelling body wash at half the price with this homemade essential oil recipe. Thanks to essential oils, you can create just about any scent you desire.
24. Homemade Shaving Cream (Freebie Finding Mom) – This citrus scented shaving cream is awesome for your skin and invigorating for your senses. It’s a great way to wake up in the morning.
25. DIY Poo Poo Toilet Spray (Freebie Finding Mom) – This homemade essential oil recipe does exactly what you’re thinking. It covers up certain “bathroom” smells that may linger. Bye, bye embarrassing situations.
26. Homemade Sunscreen (Freebie Finding Mom) – Red may be sexy on a car but it isn’t on your skin! This summer, avoid sunburn with this easy to make DIY sunscreen.
27. Homemade Bath Fizzies (Freebie Finding Mom) – Pamper yourself with a nice long soak in the tub complete with this homemade essential oil recipe for bath fizzies. Choose soothing essential oils like lavender to boost the relaxation factor. Bonus: The coconut oil in this recipe will moisturize your skin while you soak.
28. Homemade Aftershave (Freebie Finding Mom) – Shaving can cause inflammation, razor burn, larger pores, and irritated skin – not fun! However, that doesn’t mean you have to kick the razor to the curb. Instead, sooth your skin with this DIY aftershave.
29. Homemade Flea Shampoo (Freebie Finding Mom) – Rid your pet and your home of unwanted guests with this homemade essential oil recipe for flea shampoo. Bonus: Unlike many store bought products, this flea shampoo does not contain harsh, foul smelling chemicals and ingredients.
30. Homemade Coconut Oil Creamsicle Lotion Bars (Freebie Finding Mom) – These coconut oil lotion bars will be your secret weapon against dry, itchy skin year round! Tip: They make an awesome gift for just about any occasion.
31. Homemade Lavender Body Scrub (Freebie Finding Mom) – Many homemade essential oil recipes, like this one, are ultra luxurious without the high price tag of store-bought spa products. The next time you need to unwind, even if you only have 10 minutes, turn to this lavender body scrub.
32. Homemade Mouthwash (Our Small Hours) – Do you know what’s in your mouthwash? Take a look at the back of the bottle… you’ll probably be surprised when you find out what exactly you’re putting in your mouth. Avoid ingesting even small amounts of those chemical with this natural mouthwash recipe.
33. Homemade Toothpaste (Our Small Hours) – Make your own toothpaste with this homemade essential oil recipe. Just because you’re making your own product doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite scents/flavors. Experiment with different essential oils to get your preferred scent/flavor.
34. DIY Deodorant (A Doctor in the House) – Whether you have sensitive skin or are merely concerned with long term exposure to chemicals, this DIY deodorant can help. Amazingly, this product only has 2 ingredients!
35. DIY Foot Funk Spray (The Evolution of Mom) – Does your house or car smell like feet? Yeah, it is a common problem in the spring/summer with the return of flip flops. This year, banish foot funk with the help of this homemade essential oil recipe.
36. Bug Repellant (Ann’s Entitled Life) – Do mosquitos LOVE to make a meal out of you? Do those little pests have you hiding in the house? Brave the outdoors without slathering yourself in chemicals with the help of this DIY bug repellant.
37. Focus Roller (Early Bird Mom) – The lavender and other essential oils in this homemade essential oil recipe will help your little one (or even you) relax and focus.
38. Diaper Cream (The Essential Baker) – With just 2 ingredients, this DIY diaper cream is a snap to throw together which is great because if you need diaper cream it probably means you have your hands full. 🙂
39. Lavender Body Lotion (The Essential Baker) – Need a little help relaxing after a long day or getting to sleep at the end of the night? Try this homemade essential oil recipe. Not only will it sooth your senses and mind, it’s good for your skin!
40. Soap Bars (Happy Deal Happy Day) – Want pretty soap for your guest bathroom or maybe to add to a gift basket? Skip the expensive stuff at the stores and try out this homemade essential oil recipe. Not only is the soap pretty to look at, it smells amazing.
41. Epsom Foot Soak (Eat Thrive Glow) – Is it just me or did feet get the short end of the stick? They’re shoved in socks and shoes, locked in the dark, most of the day. They get stood on for hours at a time. Say “thanks” to your feet for all they do with this foot soak recipe.
Have you tried any of these homemade essential oil recipes? If so, share your thoughts in the comments. I’d also love to know what your favorite homemade essential oil recipes are!