Do you struggle to find just the right shade of lipstick or perhaps you have sensitive skin and finding an agreeable lipstick is tricky? Is your makeup drawer littered with discarded, barely used tubes of lipstick? This may seem like a pretty minor problem to get hung up on but do you know how much all that trial and error has cost you? Do the math… I’ll wait. 🙂 Yep, it is definitely cringe worthy. Stop wasting your money at the department store by trying out DIY lipstick.
With DIY lipstick, you can experiment until you find the perfect shade without wasting money. Plus, if there’s a shade you’ve always wanted to try but were hesitant because you weren’t sure it was your color, here is your chance. Try with confidence!
Keep in mind that not all DIY lipstick has to be bright and bold. If you’re looking for something a little more subtle (along the lines of lip gloss), simply dial back the amount of coloring powder you add.
In addition, with DIY lipstick, you control the ingredients. You don’t have to expose your lips to complicated chemicals that may or may not play nice. The ingredients in this particular recipe for DIY lipstick are all natural and nourish skin. For example, coconut oil and Vitamin E oil in particular are great for keeping skin smooth and healthy.
On top of achieving your own custom shade with DIY lipstick, you can also customize the scent using essential oils. Get creative here… don’t be afraid to try out some out of the box combinations.
2 tsp. beeswax
2 tsp. coconut oil
2 tsp. Shea butter
½ tsp. Vitamin E oil
5 drops essential oil (optional)
Powder for color – Choose either
– Brown – Cocoa powder or cinnamon
– Red – Beet root powder or red mica powder
1. Place beeswax, Shea butter, and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl.
2. Heat in 20 second increments, stirring between each time, until melted.
3. Allow to cool for 5 minutes
4. Stir in Vitamin E oil and powder a little bit at a time until desired color is reached.
OPTIONAL: If you wish, you can add 5 drops of an essential oil at this point as well. I recommend orange or peppermint.
5. Use dropper to transfer mixture to tube until full.
6. Secure tube upright and allow lipstick to solidify.
NOTE: Keep this DIY lipstick away from heat. It will melt in lower temperatures than store bought lipstick.
Want more DIY beauty recipes like this one for DIY lipstick? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.