Not everything has to be formal or weighty; after all, for most of us, life could use a little levity, right? If you’re looking to add a fun yet personal touch to any project—from home décor to keepsakes to invitations—consider the modern calligraphy alphabet. Keep reading to learn how to use calligraphy printables to get started and get all 26 modern calligraphy letters for free!
Calligraphy, in general, is a great hobby. (More on that in a sec.) But specifically, alphabet modern calligraphy fonts are a lot of fun.
The modern calligraphy alphabet is not as formal or intricate as some other calligraphy fonts, such as the gothic calligraphy alphabet. The act of recreating this alphabet (modern calligraphy) reminds me of tai chi … it’s sort of flowing and zen-like.
Take the modern calligraphy K, for example. It’s made up of a fat pen stroke for the spine and then two thinner pen strokes branching outward, with the lower stroke hooking upward. When you draw the modern calligraphy K (or any of the modern calligraphy font free letters in this post) it is like drawing. What I mean is that you feel less like you’re engaging in boring old writing and more like you’re creating something, this isn’t just letters on a page … it’s art. 🙂
In addition to being free and artistic, even for those of us who may be artistically challenged, the modern calligraphy practice sheets PDF free downloads below have some other benefits. Here are a few:
- They’re fun! Okay, they aren’t riding-a-roller-coaster fun; they’re more of a quiet-night-in fun, but trust me, once you get started with these practice calligraphy templates you will be having fun!
- They’re versatile. Unless the occasion is quite formal or elegant, this alphabet (modern calligraphy) is probably a good fit. Use these printables to create homemade cards and gift tags, add to a scrapbook, for home décor, or for handmade stationary projects like invites or place cards.
- They’re relaxing. Calligraphy, similar to coloring, can help reduce stress and promote mindfulness on par with meditating! (Technically, that goes for calligraphy in general, although I’ve already mentioned how zen-like I think these modern calligraphy font free printables can be.)
Guilt-free relaxation isn’t the only reason calligraphy can make a fantastic hobby. Another reason is that it can pay off … literally. Yep mastering these free printable calligraphy practice sheets for modern calligraphy or any calligraphy could turn into a money-making side hustle! It’s always nice when something you enjoy doing can at least potentially, support itself, right? 🙂
So now that you’re (hopefully) sold on the idea of this alphabet (modern calligraphy), let’s talk about how to actually use these alphabet modern calligraphy fonts!
How To Write the Modern Calligraphy Alphabet
Take a deep breath. Let it out. Relax. Learning to write the modern calligraphy alphabet isn’t going to be hard, especially since you have these handy-dandy practice calligraphy templates!
What a relief, right? 😉 Just follow these simple steps:
- Download the modern calligraphy practice sheets PDF free printable you want to get started with. May I suggest the modern calligraphy K?
- Place a thin piece of paper on top of the free calligraphy printable. (The paper on top needs to be thin enough that you can see the modern calligraphy letter underneath!)
- Trace the letter you see through the paper.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, again and again, until you feel satisfied with your tracing job or confident enough to give it a try free-hand.
Yep, that’s all you have to do! Keep at it. Practice makes perfect. In no time, you won’t even need these free calligraphy printables to guide you!
Tip: If you want a more in-depth lesson on how to write calligraphy go here.
Modern Calligraphy Letters
Ready to get started with the modern calligraphy alphabet? Get downloadable calligraphy printables for all 26 modern calligraphy letters below! (Yep even the famed modern calligraphy K. 😉 )
Oh, and don’t just download and dash! Keep scrolling; below this alphabet (modern calligraphy fonts) you’ll find more fun and free calligraphy and non-calligraphy writing templates.
More Free Printable Calligraphy Practice Sheets
Want to expand your skills beyond this modern calligraphy font free download? There are a lot of other calligraphy fonts to check out. Here are a few of my favorites:
- 5 free printable alphabet calligraphy letters – Choose from 5 different calligraphy alphabets!
- Standard (more traditional) calligraphy alphabet – Get calligraphy lowercase letters alphabet and uppercase calligraphy letters alphabet.
- Gothic calligraphy alphabet – Learn how to write the gothic calligraphy alphabet here, and get the capital gothic calligraphy alphabet and the gothic calligraphy lowercase letters alphabet.
Full Word Free Calligraphy Printables
If you like to save time as much as I like to save money, some of these fully formed calligraphy words might be your new besties!
You can use these free printable calligraphy practice sheets the same way you would learn to write calligraphy. In other words, trace to recreate. Otherwise, you can color and decorate these words in calligraphy and just use them as is.
Keep Writing with Non-Calligraphy Printables
And if the modern calligraphy alphabet is just not for you (or for this specific occasion), no judgment! Here are some non-calligraphy printables to explore:
- Standard bubble letters – Get the lowercase bubble letters to print and the capital bubble letters alphabet.
- Free printable bubble letters templates – Choose from 18 different alphabets.
- Printable alphabet letters and more printable letters – Even more bubble letter alphabets and pre-written letter templates!
- Cursive bubble letters alphabet – A fun hybrid of bubble letters and cursive writing.