Looking to make a statement? If an occasion demands “bold,” you can’t go wrong with gothic calligraphy fonts! Get started with these easy-to-use upper and lowercase gothic calligraphy alphabet printables.
From Halloween décor to authoritative, swanky announcements, like graduation notices, gothic calligraphy fonts have a certain weight and are sure to make a statement. At first glance gothic calligraphy letters can seem a little intimidating because they are so intricate, but trust me, that’s part of the fun! Now we’ll get to how to write alphabets in calligraphy (gothic and otherwise) in a moment, but for now, let me share a few of the reasons I love these upper and lowercase gothic calligraphy ABCs.
- They’re free. Yep, the printable gothic calligraphy cheat sheets in this post are totally free. 🙌
- It isn’t as hard as it looks. Seriously, these are gothic easy calligraphy fonts. You know that dish you make that everyone always raves about but secretly only takes you like 20 minutes to throw together? This gothic calligraphy font is the non-edible equivalent.
- Gothic calligraphy letters are versatile. You can use them for all sorts of occasions from fun to formal!
And if all of that isn’t enough to sell you on gothic calligraphy writing, how about this—calligraphy in general, is good for you and may also be good for your bank account! Calligraphy, much like coloring, is a guilt-free way to unwind. It can promote relaxation and mindfulness.
Plus, learning those gothic calligraphy alphabets can turn into a lucrative side hustle. Yep, if you master how to write alphabets in calligraphy you may find yourself getting hit up by friends, coworkers, and barely-acquaintances to create things like invitations!
Bonus: Looking for other ways to make money? If you don’t think learning how to write calligraphy alphabet letters will pay off, how about one of these 37 ways to earn cash as a stay at home mom or one of these 20 ways to make money in college. Now, on to how to write alphabets in calligraphy!
How to Learn Your Calligraphy ABCs
All you’ll need to duplicate the gothic calligraphy letters in this post is:
- Gothic calligraphy examples (like the printables in this post).
- A thin-ish piece of paper. (You’ll actually want more than one!)
- A writing utensil. Since we’re just getting started this doesn’t have to be anything too fancy!
- Print out your gothic calligraphy practice sheet. To get started, I recommend picking just one letter to focus on vs. the entire upper or gothic calligraphy lowercase letters alphabet.
- Place that thin-ish piece of paper over top of the gothic calligraphy cheat sheet you printed. (You should be able to see the letter through the piece of paper.)
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, again and again, until you feel happy with your tracing or confident enough to try to recreate the gothic calligraphy letter free-hand.
Keep practicing! Just like any hobby or skill, mastery takes time! Don’t get discouraged; if this is something you really want to get good at consider keeping pictures of calligraphy alphabets (like the gothic letters) someplace you’ll see them regularly. Just getting visually more familiar with the gothic calligraphy fonts can help you gain confidence!
Tip: If the concept of how to write calligraphy alphabet letters is totally new to you, you may want to also read this post on learning how to write calligraphy, which is far more in-depth than this blurb!
Capital Gothic Calligraphy Alphabet
These gothic calligraphy examples are all capital letters. Depending on what you’re doing with your gothic calligraphy writing, you will likely be using a lot more lowercase letters. Consider getting started by working on mastering the most common letters in English (such as the letter “E”) in lowercase first to get the most out of your time!
Bonus: While I love these gothic easy calligraphy fonts, I will admit that gothic isn’t the best choice for all occasions … like your BFFs bridal shower. 😉 If you’re looking for other options, check out these pictures of calligraphy alphabets!
- A modern calligraphy alphabet and here’s the capital modern calligraphy alphabet.
- A printable calligraphy set for beginners.
And to save some time, use these pre-written words/phrases:
Lowercase Gothic Calligraphy Alphabet
These gothic calligraphy practice sheets will help you master those lowercase ABCs! (Or should I say abcs?) 😉
Tip: You can also use these gothic calligraphy letters as coloring sheets, so if you aren’t feeling like tracing or your little one wants to “help,” print a few extra sheets and literally brighten your day with some crayons!
Bonus: The gothic calligraphy alphabet may seem a smidge heavy for every day use, but get creative! Give it a try on different things and see how it feels. You may be surprised. However, if it isn’t working for you, here are some other fun fonts to try.
Gothic Calligraphy Numbers
Sadly, I do not have any gothic calligraphy numbers to share with you. 😔 If you know of some free printable gothic calligraphy numbers floating around on the vast ocean that is the Internet, please share in the comments! Otherwise, be sure to check out these:
Have you tried these gothic easy calligraphy fonts yet? What amazing things have you created? Share your experiences and inspiration in the comments!