Use these free “happy birthday” calligraphy printables to create memorable birthday cards or décor. Choose from 3 versions of “happy birthday” written in calligraphy!
If you want to create a memorable birthday card without dedicating months of your life to the task, taking out a loan at your local craft store, or getting a PhD in glue guns and glitter, you can’t go wrong with “happy birthday” written in calligraphy. No, really, you can get super creative with a “happy birthday” calligraphy card by using different colors, fonts, and additional accessories like other words in bubble letters (for example, the word “love” in bubble letters).
What’s so great about these calligraphy “happy birthday” font printables? Great question! Here are just a few of the reason you’ll love them!
- They’re free! And remember, free does not mean without value. 🙂
- They’re versatile. This post contains 3 “happy birthday” calligraphy fonts including both an elegant upscale option and a modern “happy birthday” calligraphy printable.
- They’re easy to use. You can quickly learn how to write “happy birthday” in calligraphy by tracing one of these printables, print one on thicker paper and just use it as-is for a card, or cut out the calligraphy “happy birthday” font and affix it to something, like a place card or gift.
In addition to creating cards or décor, you can use these “happy birthday” calligraphy fonts to create keepsakes like a page in a scrapbook with photos or mementos from a special birthday. Go ahead, get creative! 🙂
How to Write Happy Birthday in Calligraphy
Learning how to write “happy birthday” in calligraphy isn’t difficult. In fact, to learn how to write calligraphy, in general, isn’t difficult. It does take time, but it isn’t rocket science.
To make learning how to write “happy birthday” calligraphy easy, do this:
- Choose the calligraphy “happy birthday” font printable you want to re-create and print it.
- Take a thin piece of paper, such as a piece of notebook paper, and place it over top of your “happy birthday” card calligraphy.
- Carefully trace the words “happy birthday.”
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you feel confident attempting to do “happy birthday” written in calligraphy free-hand.
That’s it! Yep, by tracing you make writing “happy birthday” calligraphy easy-peasy! 🙂
Bonus: Tracing doesn’t just make writing “happy birthday” calligraphy easy. It can make learning how to write or draw other letters, like bubble letters, a breeze as well. If you want to expand your alphabet, check out these additional printables:
- Bubble letters – Start with these simple uppercase printable bubble letters alphabet and lowercase bubble letters to print.
- Calligraphy letters – Start with one of these printable alphabet calligraphy letters and once you’ve mastered that try this more challenging gothic calligraphy alphabet.
- Cursive letters – This uppercase cursive alphabet letters and lowercase cursive alphabet are great for adults that need a refresh and kids that are just getting acquainted with cursive!
Now that you know how to use these “happy birthday” calligraphy fonts, let’s check out your options!
Up, Up, and Away “Happy Birthday” Calligraphy Printable
With it’s clean yet swooping script, this printable would make for an elegant “happy birthday” calligraphy card. I think it’s a great option for an occasion or individual that is a bit more formal. However, this “happy birthday” card calligraphy printable still offers a sense of festive fun thanks to the balloons.
Bonus: Want to customize this “happy birthday” calligraphy card? Here are some free printables that may help!
- the word “Dad” in bubble letters.
- the word “Mom” in bubble letters.
- “Mom” calligraphy, so you can create “happy birthday, Mom” calligraphy cards!
- “I love you” coloring pages.
- Cursive bubble letters alphabet, so you can create any message you want!
With Love “Happy Birthday” Written in Calligraphy
This “happy birthday” card calligraphy printable is simple and sweet. I love how the tail of the “Y” goes on to form a heart! Use this printable for anyone special in your life, whether you want to create a “happy birthday, Mom” calligraphy card or one for your husband. 🙂
Bonus: While these “happy birthday” calligraphy printables are a fantastic way to express your creativity and give someone a thoughtful gift, they’re also budget-friendly. If your budget isn’t equipped to deal with a birthday bash this year, check out some of these other birthday freebies!
- Happy Birthday Printable Cards to Color
- Happy Birthday Card Printables
- Happy Birthday Sign Printables
- Happy Birthday Bubble Letters
- Kids Birthday Freebies
A Lot of Heart Modern “Happy Birthday” Calligraphy
Of the 3 options, I would say this is “happy birthday” modern calligraphy. It’s fun and fresh, casual and chic. I would opt for this “happy birthday” modern calligraphy printable for anyone that you have a more laid back relationship with, whether that’s your free-spirited pre-teen daughter or your BFF. I also really like this “happy birthday” modern calligraphy printable as décor; to me it just seems like something you might see framed or on stationary at Target. 🙂
Bonus: Want to craft a message to go with “happy birthday” written in calligraphy? Use this printable modern calligraphy alphabet, which includes all 26 letters individually (such as the modern calligraphy “R”). If you want something really different and fun, check out these 18 printable bubble letters templates. You’re sure to find an alphabet that fits the birthday boy or girl! 🙂
What do you think of these “happy birthday” calligraphy printables? How will you use them to make someone’s birthday memorable? Share your feedback and inspiration in the comments!
Leave a Reply