Are you a busy mom on a budget who needs cheap meals for large families? Run (don’t walk) to these cheap slow cooker recipes for large families to inspire you!
16 Easy, Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes For Large Families
Cheap slow cooker recipes for large families are a real lifesaver when you’re super busy or on a super tight budget (or both!). There have been plenty of times when crockpot cheap recipes for families (such as crockpot turkey chili) have enabled my family to sit down together at the dinner table instead of scavenging out of grease stained fast food bags! 🙂 Seriously, as a mom who is constantly on-the-go (what other kind is there?), I consider my slow cooker to be one of my most valuable secret weapons. I don’t know where I would be without it!
If you haven’t tried any crockpot meals for large families, you really don’t know what you’re missing. Whether you have dietary concerns (ex. need gluten-free food), are trying to eat healthier, are really pressed for time or money, or need to feed a crowd, I assure you the crockpot can help! Yep, from crockpot turkey chili to melt-in-your-mouth chicken cacciatore, the slow cooker has always had my back. 🙂
Here are 16 easy cheap slow cooker recipes for large families (or small!) that are sure to inspire you to dust off your slow cooker and put it to good use.
1. Easy Crockpot Turkey Chili (Freebie Finding Mom) – Alright, I’m just going to say it, of all the cheap slow cooker recipes for large families crockpot turkey chili is one of my absolute favs! Not only is it easy and inexpensive, it’s hearty, healthy (thanks to the turkey and Greek yogurt), and smells almost as good as it tastes!
2. Easy Chicken Taco Soup Slow Cooker Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – This cheap meal for large families is a super fun twist on Taco Tuesday. Psst If ground beef is cheaper than ground chicken, you can easily substitute it in this recipe.
3. Chicken Cacciatore Slow Cooker Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – Can you cut up a few ingredients and make noodles in boiling water? If so, then this cheap family meals for 6 is a great dinner option since that’s all you have to do. Yep, for real, the slow cooker will take care of the rest.
Bonus: Does your family love chicken? Here are 36 easy AND cheap chicken recipes for you to dish up.
4. Chicken Marsala Crockpot Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – 9 ingredients are all that stand between you and this cheap recipe for families. Better yet, I bet you already have at least a few of them in your kitchen.
5. Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Beef and Peppers (Freebie Finding Mom) – College is all about expanding your horizons and trying new things, right? Then I’m sure you won’t want to miss out on this cheap healthy meal for college students which is a fusion of classic beef stew and Chinese takeout. Sounds a little strange; tastes a lot yummy (I promise)! 😉
Bonus: Here’s a whole heaping helping of cheap and easy meals for college students.
6. Beef Stroganoff Crockpot Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – This cheap slow cooker recipe for large families tastes like you were in the kitchen all day, but between you and me, it requires less than an hour of hands on time. Don’t worry, that part will be our little secret!
7. Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – Who says the crockpot is only good for dinners? No way! The crockpot is the perfect tool for any meal. This cheap meal for large families is an easy, nutritious, and delicious way to start your family off on the right foot. Tip: Make this dish even more affordable by leaving out the meat.
Bonus: Believe it or not, going meatless just one day a week will save your family BIG at the grocery store. Here are 18 meatless meals to inspire you.
8. Easy Crockpot Chicken Sausage and Peppers (Freebie Finding Mom) – When time is of the essence, turn to this cheap family meal for 6 (or 8 or 4 or however many people you need to serve!). 😉 It requires less than 10 minutes to prep so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Bonus: Looking for more quick dinner ideas? Look no further: 90 Cheap Quick Easy Dinner Recipes are at your service!
9. Easy Crockpot Lasagna (Freebie Finding Mom) – Think you can’t have “classic” family dinners while sticking to cheap recipes for families? Think again! With the help of your handy dandy slow cooker, you can enjoy hearty homemade lasagna without spending hours in the kitchen. Seriously.
10. Crockpot Ham and Potato Soup (Freebie Finding Mom) – Looking for a hearty meal that’ll keep the whole family warm this winter? Look no further than this cheap slow cooker recipe for large families! This hearty ham and potato soup is sure to become a family fav. Tip: This soup is a great way to use up leftover ham from holiday meals!
Bonus: Speaking of holidays, if you need food fit for a crowd, be sure to check out these 40 crowd pleasing recipes!
11. Crockpot French Toast Casserole (Freebie Finding Mom) – Have a college student on your hands? Be sure to send him or her this cheap healthy meal for college students. As long as he or she is allowed to have a crockpot in the dorm room, this recipe can easily be prepped and ready to devour after morning classes!
12. Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – Few things beat a hearty stew in the winter, am I right? This cozy cheap meal for large families is one of my favorites as it’s easy, tasty, and often makes enough for delicious lunch leftovers the next day!
Bonus: Whether you have a big family or a small one, treat your tastebuds with these 56 Cheap and Easy Family Meals!
13. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken (Strength and Sunshine) – Whether you need a cheap family meal for 6 or a recipe that can feed the whole neighborhood at your next block party, this is it! After all, who doesn’t love delicious BBQ chicken? Thanks to the 7 hours the chicken spends in the slow cooker it’s incredibly tender to the point it practically falls apart. Yum!
14. Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (Strength and Sunshine) – Spice up your work week with this cheap recipe for families dinner! It’s so easy (just combine everything in the crockpot), inexpensive, and delicious you’ll wonder where it has been all your life. Oh, and while it’s cooking, your house will smell mouthwateringly good!
Bonus: Don’t have a crockpot? Yikes! I suggest getting one now, like right now! However, in the meantime, you can still feed your family on the cheap. Here are 39 easy, budget friendly meals to try.
15. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup (Happy Deal Happy Day) – 10 minutes is all you need to make this cheap healthy meal for college students (or your hungry family)! I love this recipe because you can easily customize it to fit your tastes by making it spicer (ex. using diced tomatoes with chilies, spicy taco seasoning, etc.) and serving up different garnishes.
16. 3-Ingredient Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos (Two Healthy Kitchens) – Rounding out the list of cheap slow cooker recipes for large families is this scrumptious and super easy recipe for chicken tacos. Trust me, with this 3 ingredient recipe, Taco Tuesday will never be the same!
There you have it! 16 delicious cheap slow cooker recipes for large families. Yum!
Hungry for more cheap meals for large families? Strap on a bib and follow Freebie Finding Mom’s:
- Easy Dinner Recipes on a Budget Pinterest board
- Slow Cooker Meals Pinterest board
- Slow Cooker Side Dishes Pinterest board
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes Pinterest board
- Chicken Recipes Pinterest board
What are your favorite easy and cheap slow cooker recipes for large families? Please share in the comments.