Are you tired of the same meals week after week? Has dinner become just a boring routine? Guess what…it doesn’t have to be. Dinner can be fun, delicious, healthy, and easy. No, really, I’m serious – dinner can be all of those things thanks to easy chicken crockpot recipes like this one for chicken sausage and peppers.
There are plenty of easy chicken crockpot recipes out there but what sets this one apart is how fast and delicious it is. This easy chicken crockpot recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prep. In fact, it is so easy that a chef of any skill level can successfully turn this recipe into a full fledged dinner.
In addition, the onions, peppers, and spices in this easy chicken crockpot recipe blend together for a rich flavor and texture. Trust me, there’s nothing boring or bland about this meal. However, all of that great taste doesn’t mean this easy chicken crockpot recipe is unhealthy. The chicken and vegetables make it a nutritious starting point for a meal. To take the health factor up a notch, serve it over vegetables (like spaghetti squash) instead of noodles or opt for brown rice.
Need more quick, easy and delicious meal ideas? Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Crockpot Recipes Pinterest board.
1 ½ pounds chicken sausage
2 sweet bell peppers
1 large onion
1-15 oz. can tomato puree or sauce
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
½ tsp. oregano
½ tsp. basil
½ tsp. rosemary
½ tsp. garlic salt
½ tsp. black pepper
non stick spray or vegetable oil
1. Spray or coat insides of crockpot with non stick spray or vegetable oil.
2. Brown sausage over medium heat on both sides for 3-5 minutes total. This step is not necessary but creates a great finished flavor to your chicken sausage.
3. Chop onion and peppers into large pieces, place in bottom of crockpot.
4. Chop sausage into bite sized pieces diagonally, add to peppers and onions.
5. Pour tomato puree over the top, add seasonings.
6. Stir to mix well.
7. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
8. Serve over rice or pasta.