When you’re a college student you’re busy! You’re always rushing from one place to another with barely a second to catch your breath. Finding time to eat is difficult. Finding time to cook is nearly impossible. However, it can be done. Cooking (versus eating out) is a great way to save money, eat healthier, and even relax. Here are 25 easy meals for college students.
Note that most of these college recipes can be made with eggs and pasta. The recipes that require more ingredients will provide several days worth of meals or can be frozen to enjoy later. In addition, many of these easy meals for college students allow you to add your choice of vegetables so the same vegetables can be used in multiple recipes.
College Recipes: 25 cheap and easy meals for college students
1. Whole Wheat French Toast: After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so start things off right with this easy meal for college students.
2. Pita Pizza: This delicious pita pizza requires only four ingredients: pita bread, marinara sauce, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese – it doesn’t get much easier than that!
3. Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese: While the cost of many ingredients is skyrocketing, eggs are still relatively cheap. To beef up this meal, consider tossing in any left over veggies you have on hand from other recipes.
4. Vegetable Stir-Fry with Rice: This easy meal for college students is sure to be a favorite! It’s easy to make, customizable (you can swap out veggies to mix things up), and makes great leftovers.
5. Veggie Omelet: Like omelets but hate chopping up all the veggies that make them so delicious? Here’s a hint: Cut up a bunch of veggies on Sunday night and use them throughout the week.
6. Chicken and Rice: Easy meals for college students don’t get much easier! This super healthy dish only calls for five ingredients.
7. Penne & Marinara with a Salad: If you want to add some protein to this meal, brown some lean ground turkey.
8. Tuna Casserole: In a few simple steps, you can transform a can of tuna into a delicious and filling meal.