Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe: Hearty Ham and Potato
During the winter, when the wind is howling, the snow is drifting down, and the temperatures are plummeting, “regular” dinners sometimes simply aren’t enough. Sometimes you just need something that is hearty, filling, and well, comforting. Unfortunately, comfort foods can be complicated…requiring a lot of ingredients, time, and skill to concoct. Just because you’re busy does that mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy home cooked comfort foods? I think not! That’s where recipes like this crockpot potato soup recipe come in handy.
This crockpot potato soup recipe for a hearty ham and potato soup is just what you need after a long winter day. It’s filling, nutritious, and downright delicious. Plus, it’s super simple and quick to make. Yep, it sounds a little too good to be true but it isn’t.
Start preparing this crockpot potato soup recipe before you start your day. Let it cook while you take care of business and then when you come home, you’ll only need an additional 30 minutes (or less) to have hearty ham and potato soup steaming on the dining room table.
Serve this crockpot potato soup recipe with crusty bread and/or a salad for one filling yet healthy winter dinner.
For more delicious crockpot recipes, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Crockpot Recipes Pinterest board.
3 ½ cups potatoes, diced
¾ -1 cup ham
1 small onion
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
6 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. celery salt
1. Peel (if desired) and dice potatoes and ham into small bite sized pieces.
3. Combine potatoes, ham, onions, broth, garlic, celery salt, pepper, and salt in Crockpot.
4. Reduce heat to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
5. Place butter and flour in a pan and saute until it begins to turn lightly golden and has a slightly nutty flavor.
6. Add flour mixture to Crockpot, whisk in milk until dissolved, to thicken.
7. Cook an additional 20 minutes.
I really enjoyed this post I’m always looking for easy cheap recipes.
So glad, Cassie! 🙂
How many does this serve ?
I wanted to know how many this serves and at what serving size that amount is?