Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day but it falls during the busiest part of the day for most of us. In most homes, the morning rush is pure, raw chaos. Trying to get ready for work, trying to get kids ready for daycare or school, trying to pack lunches, etc. etc. Who has time to cook? A mom with a secret weapon – that’s who!
If you own a crock pot than you can whip up tasty and nutritious breakfasts for your family without the rest of your day spinning out of control. Take for instance this crock pot French toast recipe: It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s sure to get eaten up by your whole family!
Crock pot French toast can be throw together in a matter of minutes when you very first get up. Then, simply go about your morning getting everyone on track and voilà, your crock pot French toast will be ready to go with no additional assistance on your part.
For more delicious crock pot recipes, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Crockpot Recipes Pinterest board.
10 slices whole wheat bread
1 ½ cups 1% milk
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. Coat crock pot well with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Slice bread down the center (longways).
3. Cut the 2 pieces of bread into 3 equal slices in the opposite direction, giving you 9 pieces per bread slice.
4. Whisk eggs, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a bowl.
5. Combine bread and egg mixture until all bread is well soaked.
6. Layer bread into crock pot evenly.
7. Dice butter and sprinkle over top of bread.
8. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter and bread.
9. Bake in crock pot on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
This crock pot French toast is a yummy way to start any day.
Want to mix things up? Stir diced apples, raisins, chopped nuts, coconut, or berries into the crock pot French toast before cooking to add a new flavor/texture.