24. Hungry Hippos (Fun Sandwich Recipe for Kids) (Two Healthy Kitchens) – Not only is this a toddler friendly meal, it’s also a fun DIY project to occupy the kiddos with. Turn to these cute edible art projects when the kiddos are stuck indoors as a way to keep them from getting cabin fever and get them to eat some fruit.
25. “Veggie Faces” No-Bake Vegetables Pizzas and Wraps (Two Healthy Kitchens) – Similar to the previous recipe (#24), this edible art project is a great rainy (or snowy!) day project. It’s great for getting the kiddos to willingly eat vegetables and for using up whatever odds and ends have accumulated in the produce drawer. Tip: Opt for organic veggies to make these organic toddler meals.
Bonus: Here are 25 more healthy lunch ideas for kids!
Easy Toddler Snacks
26. Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas (Freebie Finding Mom) – Use this as a breakfast side dish or a toddler snack idea. This recipe is great when your little one (or Mom!) is craving something a little sweet but you want to avoid a sugar high. I love how healthy and fast (just 10 minutes!) this recipe is.
27. Homemade “Go-Gurt” With Hidden Veggies (Freebie Finding Mom) – My kiddo loves Go-Gurt…but the price tag and some of the ingredients make it a questionable item for me. Luckily, I have this Go-Gurt copycat recipe. It’s an awesome easy toddler snack that allows me to save money AND sneak some veggies into the little man’s diet. #winning
Looking for more healthy yogurt recipes? Look no further! Here are 30 more yogurt recipes to try.
28. Healthy Breakfast Smoothie (Freebie Finding Mom) – This is one of those healthy snacks for toddlers (and parents!) that your kiddo will never guess is healthy. Seriously, it’s a lot like a milkshake… minus all the sugar. This nutritious delicious option is sure to become a fav with the whole family. 🙂
29. Homemade Vitamin Gummies (Freebie Finding Mom) – I’m a big fan of snacks for toddlers that seem like a special treat but are actually healthy. In this case, your kiddo will feel like he or she is getting candy…in reality it’s an immune boosting chew.
Tip: Consider serving some of these up at your next family movie night. They’ll pair well with the coconut oil popcorn recipe (see #33).
30. Homemade Sweet Potato and Kale Veggie Chips (Freebie Finding Mom) – A great way to sneak some much needed fruits and veggies into your little one’s diet is to look for their favorite snacks and see how they can be transformed into healthy toddler snacks. For example, swap “traditional” potato chips for these sweet potato and kale veggie chips.
31. Healthy Frozen Yogurt Bark (Freebie Finding Mom) – This summer, forget about that pricey, chemical laden ice cream truck! Instead, beat the heat (and preserve your budget) with this toddler snack idea for frozen yogurt bark. Use different types of granola, fruit, and other mix ins (maybe some shredded coconut?) to get custom flavors.
32. Mini M&M Quinoa Cookies Recipe (Freebie Finding Mom) – In my opinion, this easy toddler snack is a win-win. The quinoa adds a healthy twist while the M&Ms ensure this treat stays sweet. Trust me, toddlers aren’t the only ones who will love this nutritious and delicious cookie! 🙂