Struggling with a picky eater? Here are 47 meals for toddlers, including toddler lunch ideas and toddler snack ideas!
47 Recipes for Toddler Meals and Toddler Snack Ideas
Being a mom is hard. Period. Don’t get me wrong, it’s rewarding… but it’s also hard. In my opinion, one of the hardest parts is finding a nutritious meal recipe toddlers won’t wrinkle their nose at. Seriously, I’ve tried just about everything, including dancing, to get my kiddo to eat something you’d find in a garden. Even healthy and easy toddler snack ideas have been a challenge…or maybe my son just likes to see me dance. 😉
I’ve been doing battle with my own picky little eater for multiple years now. In that time, I’ve stashed away many meals for a toddler that won’t make mom cringe as well as healthy snacks for toddlers. Since I’m a firm believer in us moms sticking together (it’s the only way we’ll survive! 🙂 ), I’m more than happy to share my favorite toddler friendly meals and easy toddler snacks with you.
Meals for a Toddler
1. Halloween Inspired Fun Lunch Box Ideas (Freebie Finding Mom) – Here’s a healthy (and adorable!) meal recipe toddlers are sure to approve of. Don’t worry, even those of us that are craft challenged can pull of this spooktacular lunch box idea.
2. Goldfish Encrusted Chicken Nuggets (Freebie Finding Mom) – Looking for meals for a toddler AND Mom and Dad? Look no further! Trust me, the whole family will enjoy this recipe that combines two toddler favorites, Goldfish and chicken nuggets, into one delicious dish. Opt for whole wheat Goldfish and organic chicken to make this dinner even healthier.
Need options that are a little more lunch friendly? Try these 25 toddler lunch ideas.
3. Crockpot Banana Nut Oatmeal (Freebie Finding Mom) – Are your mornings pure chaos? I hear ya! Ensure your family still gets a filling and nutritious breakfast by opting for this crockpot oatmeal. Start this before you go to bed and wake up to a meal that smells almost as good as it tastes! 🙂
Tip: Purchase organic varieties of the ingredients to turn this into one of the organic toddler meals.
4. Chicken and Waffle Sliders (Freebie Finding Mom) – Unfortunately not all recipes for toddler meals are shining examples of balanced nutrition. I think this recipe is perfect for brunch so pair it with Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and eggs to up that nutrition factor.
Want healthier meal options? Here are 44 healthy lunch ideas for toddlers.
5. Pizza Monkey Bread (Freebie Finding Mom) – Pizza has got to be one of the most toddler friendly meals out there, right after chicken nuggets, am I right? If your little one loves a good slice of ‘za, consider this easy homemade monkey bread recipe. It’s a fun take on pizza that the whole family can enjoy together.
Fun fact: The average American eats 23 pounds of pizza every year (Source: The Pizza Joint)!
6. Easy Breakfast Pizza (Freebie Finding Mom) – Need a breakfast meal recipe toddlers will love? Go with pizza. Seriously, whoever said pizza wasn’t an appropriate breakfast food had obviously never tried this recipe. I love how customizable it is; you can easily swap out “toppings” to come up with something your kiddo will actually want to eat.
7. Mac and Cheese Bites (Freebie Finding Mom) – Meals for a toddler don’t have to be made up entirely of vegetables or 100% healthy. When doing battle with a picky eater, celebrate the small wins. I like to pair crispy gooey mac n cheese bites with baked chicken and healthier side dishes like fresh fruit or steamed veggies.