We’ve talked before about how to get kids to eat vegetables and fruits… many, many times. One of the tips I’ve shared (and this one almost always works for me) is to play “hide n’ seek” with nutritious foods. In other words, just sneak ’em into the little one’s diet. These “Go-Gurt” inspired healthy fun snacks for kids are the perfect example of that tactic.
Believe it or not, the sweet fruit in these healthy fun snacks for kids disguise the taste of those vile vegetables. 🙂 Trust me, your little ones won’t even realize what they’re eating is actually good for them.
I love the idea of using these healthy fun snacks for kids during the dog days of summer. Simply freezing these yogurt goodies will result in a snack that is very similar (in consistency) to ice cream. What better way to cool off, am I right?
Side note: Another healthy fun snack for kids that’ll help you beat the heat is this orange juice fruit popsicle.
I think that these healthy fun snacks for kids would also make a great addition to any gathering whether it is a birthday party or a neighborhood block party. May I suggest making them along with some homemade sweet potato and kale veggie chips? Yum!
Tip: These healthy fun snacks for kids aren’t just for kids. Go ahead, don’t be scared, try one. Most healthy fun snacks for kids, including these fruit and chocolate ladybugs are adult approved! 🙂
By the way, not only is this a healthy fun snack for kids, but it is also a great way to save money. If you’ve ever bought “Go-Gurt” at the store, you know it isn’t exactly budget friendly, right? So, why not make your own? It isn’t as hard as you think (as you’ll see in these healthy fun snacks for kids recipes).
*Recipe makes 3 per flavor
3 Cups vanilla Greek yogurt
Flavor #1: 1/2 Cup mango and 1/2 Cup carrots
Flavor #2: 1/2 Cup strawberries and 1/2 Cup cherry tomatoes
Flavor #3: 1/2 Cup kale and 1/2 Cup mixed berries
9 Zipzicle bags
1 Food funnel
1. Wash and dry fruits and veggies.
2. Add Greek yogurt, mango, and carrots to a blender and blend for two to three minutes or until puréed.
3. Place a funnel into the top of a Zipzicle bag and slowly pour yogurt mixture in until you reach the ‘fill to’ line.
4. Repeat step 3 with 2 additional Zipzicle bags.
5. Seal the tops of the bags and rinse off any overspill.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 with each fruit and veggie mix (see ingredients above).
7. Label Zipzicle bags with fruit flavors and your kids will never know they are getting a serving of fresh veggies.
8. Refrigerate or freeze for ice cold healthy fun snacks for kids.
Feeling adventurous? Try your own variations on these healthy fun snacks for kids… and please share the results in the comments! I’d love to know if you find other fruit and veggie combinations that rock.