8. Cheesy Baked Cauliflower (Freebie Finding Mom) – One of my super secret mom tricks for getting my son to eat vegetables is to disguise them. In this case, healthy cauliflower is masked with a bit of parmesan cheese… and it works! I love this recipe because it gets him to willingly eat a vegetable AND because it’s so quick. You’ll need just 10 minutes of prep time.
Tip: It’s super easy to turn this into an organic toddler meal. Just opt for organic cauliflower, seasoning, parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
9. Healthy Baked Broccoli Bites (Freebie Finding Mom) – Like I said above, sometimes the best way to sneak healthy recipes for toddler meals past those little lips is to dress up the vegetables. Here’s a way to make broccoli a little more palatable. By the way, it isn’t just the little one that’ll love this side dish! 🙂
10. PB&J Pancake Breakfast Sandwich (Food Meanderings) – 15 minutes of prep time are all you need for this unique toddler friendly meal which is a breakfast version of the classic PB&J sandwich.
Tip: Make this recipe super easy by learning how to freeze pancakes so you have them ready to go when you want to make this dish.
11. Strawberry Gingerbread Pupcakes: Healthy Cupcakes for Breakfast (Food Meanderings) – Want a breakfast meal recipe toddlers will be excited about? This is it! Seriously, tell your kiddo he gets a cupcake for breakfast and watch his face light up. It’ll just be our little secret that this recipe is actually healthy and that the “frosting” is Greek yogurt.
12. Mac and Cheese Pumpkin (Fried Dandelions) – Make healthy meals for a toddler by sneaking in vegetables wherever possible. For example, this cheesy, ooey-gooey mac n cheese is actually made with pureed pumpkin. Don’t worry, it’s so good the kiddos will never guess! Bonus: You can be dishing this up in just 30 minutes.
13. Organic Chicken Tenders with Parmesan Zucchini Fries (Deliciously Plated) – Organic toddler meals can be kid AND parent friendly. Take this healthy twist on a classic, chicken tenders and french fries, which uses zucchini as fries and leaves off the breading on the nuggets. Not only is this meal healthy, it’s quick! You’ll need just 10 minutes of prep time.
14. Homemade Gluten-Free + Allergy-Free Uncrustables (Vegan) (Strength & Sunshine) – Looking for recipes for toddler meals that are appropriate for kiddos with dietary concerns and allergies? Look no further! This crustless take on PB&J is both gluten-free and top 8 allergen-free!
15. Homemade Spaghetti-Os (Allergy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan) (Strength & Sunshine) – Store-bought Spaghetti-Os are one of those toddler friendly meals that, quite frankly, make me cringe a little bit. Just look at the ingredients: Ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin… what the heck are those? If your kiddos are big fans of Spaghetti-Os, try this homemade copycat recipe. Trust me, they’ll never the know the difference and you’ll breathe a sigh of relief knowing you’ve removed those unpronounceable ingredients from their diet. 🙂
16. Purple Sweet Potato Tater Tots (Strengh & Sunshine) – I’m betting this is a meal recipe toddlers will find fun. After all… how many foods are purple? Okay, let me re-phrase that. How many natural foods are purple? Plus, this is a healthier version (homemade, made with sweet potatoes versus regular potatoes) of a kid favorite: Tater tots.
17. Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets (Strength & Sunshine) – Just because your kiddo struggles with dietary restrictions and allergies doesn’t mean classic meals for a toddler, like chicken nuggets, are a no-go. Check out this healthy take on chicken nuggets. It’s gluten-free and free of the top 8 allergens like eggs, dairy, soy, and nuts!
18. Gluten-Free, Vegan Chickpea Nuggets (Allergy-Free, Grain Free) (Strength & Sunshine) – This gluten-free, vegan friendly, and allergen-free “chicken” nugget recipe can easily be transformed into an organic toddler meal. Bonus: It also manages to sneak in some veggies, but we’ll just keep that between us. 😉
Looking for more vegetarian toddler meal ideas? Here are 32 vegetarian recipes your kiddo will love!
19. Baked Chicken Parmesan Sliders (Dining With Alice) – One trick I’ve found for getting a picky little eater to you know, eat, is to let him or her help out with meal prep. Something about being involved makes the food more appetizing. If you’re willing to give this trick a try, look for recipes for toddler meals that are relatively easy and can be made with supervision… like this one. I love how the chef included lots of pictures to make cooking this with your kiddo super easy.
20. Rainbow Pancakes (Dining With Alice) – Not only is this a toddler friendly meal, it’s also a weekday friendly breakfast. It’s easy, quick, and won’t dirty every dish in your house…oh, and most importantly, your kiddo will love this fun (and bright!) breakfast.
21. Easy Doritos Chicken Tenders (Dancing Through the Rain) – Okay, I’m not going to lie: This is one meal recipe toddlers will love but parents? Not so much. Well, I mean, you’ll love how it tastes but the nutritional value is a little lacking. We’re talking about Doritos and mayo here folks. However, think of this like a special treat. The goal is to get your kiddo to make more healthy choices than unhealthy choices; indulgences now and again are perfectly okay.
22. Mac and Cheese Soup (Dancing Through the Rain) – No, you read that right, this is a recipe for mac and cheese soup. I love this as a cozy, comfort food option for those cold winter days. In fact, I think this has “snow day” written all over it! 🙂
Need more meals for a toddler who can be difficult to cook for? Here are 60 more toddler lunch ideas.
23. Potato Chip Chicken (Dancing Through the Rain) – Get creative to make recipes for toddler meals healthier. For example, for this potato chip chicken recipe you can opt for kettle or baked chips instead. Pair this with the zucchini fries or sweet potato tater tots mentioned earlier.