Do you and your family sometimes get cravings for cookies strong enough to rival the cravings of the Cookie Monster himself? Okay, maybe that’s going a bit far but cookies are, undeniably, delicious. One of the great things about cookies (in my opinion) is that there are so many different varieties yet most of them are pretty simple to make. If you’re looking for a new, yummy, and easy cookie recipe to try look no further than this quinoa cookies recipe.
Yep, you read that right…I said a quinoa cookies recipe. The quinoa in this recipe adds a healthy (yet tasty) twist to cookies yet the M&Ms keep this sweet treat on track. It’s a win-win. If you aren’t familiar with quinoa, it’s a whole grain that’s relatively high in protein and fiber. This quinoa cookies recipe packs a punch in terms of nutrition and is more filling than your average chocolate chip cookie.
Worried that the whole grain in this quinoa cookies recipe will frighten off your family? Don’t be – they’re so tasty they’ll be a family favorite in no time!
Want more irresistible cookies like this quinoa cookies recipe? If so, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Cookies Pinterest board.
*This Mini M&M Quinoa Cookies Recipe makes approximately 1 dozen cookies.
½ C. butter (1 stick) + 1 tbs.
2/3 C. sugar
1 ¼ C. flour
1 C. quinoa flakes (if you have trouble locating these, try your local organic store/co-op. If you still cannot find them, you can use your food processor to flake regular quinoa)
¼ C. rolled oats
½ C. mini M&M’s
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and mix in the quinoa and sugar.
3. Add in the rolled oat, flour and M&Ms.
Note: If you find the dough is a bit dry add 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
4. Scoop out a spoonful of dough and roll it into a ball using your hands. You want the ball to be about 2” in size.
5. Repeat step four and place the balls 2-3” apart on the baking sheet
6. Gently press down on each ball a bit.
7. Bake the cookies for 16-18 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. They will crisp up as they cool.
Enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container for several days.