If you’re looking for ways to save money, you must consider making homemade beauty products. Not only will making homemade beauty products save you big bucks on the products that you use every day, it can also save you money on gifts. The benefits of making homemade beauty products don’t end with finances.
In addition, you get to have an intimate knowledge of what is in the products you’re putting on your body. Forget those unpronounceable ingredients and foreign chemicals that may cause skin irritation. Making homemade beauty products is an easy (and frugal) way to get organic or all-natural beauty goods.
Many homemade beauty products are actually good for you in addition to helping you cover up blotches or highlight good features. For example, many of the products contain coconut oil which is great for skin and hair. You can read more about the many beauty and health benefits of coconut oil here. Specifically, you can use coconut oil for acne and wrinkles.
Lastly, making homemade beauty products is fun. If you enjoy crafting and DIY projects (even if you aren’t good at them) then you’ll probably enjoy making homemade beauty products.
Honestly, there is no reason not to try making homemade beauty products. They’re cost effective and easy. Don’t believe making homemade beauty products is easy? These 14 DIY step-by-step beauty recipes prove it!
Want more DIY beauty tips? Don’t forget to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
1. Best Homemade Acne Treatment – Store shelves are lined with acne treatments that all claim to be the very best at zapping zits; however, not only are these products expensive, they’re filled with strange ingredients that can be pretty rough on skin.
Skip the store and try making homemade beauty products to treat acne. This is the best homemade acne treatment I’ve found. It is incredibly easy to make (just 3 steps!) and doesn’t require ingredients that are costly or hard to find.
2. Homemade Coconut Oil Creamsicle Lotion Bars – If you’re suffering from dry, itchy, or even painful skin it is time to start making homemade beauty products… specifically these coconut oil creamsicle lotion bars. They’re easy to make, light on ingredients (only 5), and smell AMAZING.
Hint, hint – they make great gifts for just about any occasion including stocking stuffers at Christmas and Mother’s Day gifts for the mom who could use a little relaxation (which is every mom).
3. Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars With Coconut Oil – Do you love stores like Bath and Body Works? With all the amazing scents and feel-good products, who doesn’t? … That is until you see the price tag. The cost of a single body scrub is enough to make most of us put the product down and slowly back away. What if you could get great products like those found at Bath and Body Works without the high price tag? Allow me to present homemade sugar scrub bars with coconut oil. These’ll knock your socks off and show you just how easy making homemade beauty products can be!
4. DIY Mineral Makeup – Homemade Blush and How to Fix Broken Eyeshadow, Blush or Foundation – I’ll say it again, making homemade beauty products is easy and I don’t just mean beauty products like lotion bars and body scrubs. You can even make your own makeup. If you’re looking for an easy DIY makeup project to get your feet wet, try this recipe for homemade blush. It only requires 4 ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes.
5. Homemade Coconut Oil Lotion Bars – If your heels, elbows, and hands are rough enough to cut someone then it’s high time to lotion up! However, how about you skip the store and whip up your own coconut oil lotion bars? Sure, you’re busy, but making homemade beauty products is quicker than you think. For example, this recipe will take less than 10 minutes. I think you and your skin are worth that… don’t you? Plus, it’s time to start taking advantage of the numerous benefits of coconut oil!
6. DIY Poo Poo Spray Toilet Spray – When you saw the title of this next DIY beauty recipe did you nervously glance around to make sure no one could read your screen? The subject of the bathroom is a bit taboo but it shouldn’t be. Everyone does it… and pretends like they don’t. If you’re concerned about embarrassing situations where your bathroom business may well, linger, I highly recommend making homemade beauty products like this one for Poo Poo Toilet Spray. Trust me, this homemade recipe for beauty will stop odor in its tracks. All you have to do is spritz the top of the water before you go. Seriously, that’s it.
7. Homemade Bath Fizzies Recipe – Are you ready for a day at the spa? What mom isn’t… am I right? If you can’t quite find the time or money to indulge in a day at the spa, try a nice long soak in the tub. No, not a hasty shower… a soak. Light some candles, grab a glass of wine and/or a good book, and then turn the luxury up to 10 with this bath fizzies recipe.
Choose soothing essential oils like lavender to help you relax and let the coconut oil moisturize your skin. You’ll emerge from the bath feeling like a new woman. Yep, relaxation is just one more benefit of making homemade beauty products.
8. DIY Body Scrub – Continuing with the spa theme… this decadent vanilla almond DIY body scrub will just add to the spa experience started with the bath fizzies recipe above. With just 6 ingredients, some of which are probably already in your pantry, making homemade beauty products doesn’t get much simpler.
This homemade body scrub also makes for a perfect little gift that just about anyone from your mom to your BFF is sure to adore.
9. Homemade Shaving Cream – As mentioned previously, making homemade beauty products is a great way to save money on gifts yet still get someone something they’ll love. Okay, homemade shaving cream probably doesn’t sound like a gift that’ll blow anyone away but it is pretty thoughtful.
This recipe for shaving cream only has 5 ingredients and can be made as an organic product for a tiny bit more… making it perfect for someone with sensitive skin. Plus, the coconut-lime scent is refreshing and invigorating which is perfect for waking you up on those early mornings.
10. DIY Body Butter – Are you on a quest for soft, supple skin? If so, instead of spending tons of money on store bought remedies, try making homemade beauty products starting with this DIY body butter.
You can make this DIY body butter without even turning on the oven… how’s that for simple? Plus, this body butter only has 5 ingredients which is a LOT less than those at the store. Don’t believe me? Go ahead, flip over a bottle of lotion or body butter and count the number of ingredients.
11. DIY Lip Gloss – If you’re suffering from chapped lips, forget those pricey chemical laden lip balms at the store and try this DIY lip gloss. Making homemade beauty products like this one is fun and frugal… plus a super effective way to kick chapped lips to the curb.
Since this product is chemical free and only has ingredients I can actually pronounce, I even feel comfortable using a non-tinted version (just leave out the lipstick color) on my little one.
12. Homemade Lavender Body Scrub – If your getting started making homemade beauty products, don’t overlook this homemade lavender body scrub. It is great for a relaxing bath (or shower) any time but especially right before bed since lavender is thought to help with anxiety, insomnia, and restlessness. If you’re looking to create a spa experience for yourself or a loved one this product is a must-have. With only five ingredients, it is much cheaper than an actual trip to the spa, and you can use it again and again.
13. Coconut Oil Hair Mask – Get gorgeous hair with a coconut oil hair treatment – Okay, we’ve already covered many (many) easy DIY beauty recipes but making homemade beauty products does not get any easier than this. Seriously. All you need to get luxurious locks that will be the envy of everyone around you is coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. This is proof that the health benefits of coconut oil are practically endless.
14. Homemade Oatmeal Body Scrub – This homemade oatmeal body scrub makes a great gift for anyone that deserves a little “me” time including friends, family members, and of course, you. This beauty recipe is just more proof that you don’t have to be Martha Stewart or a DIY guru to master making homemade beauty products. It only requires 5 ingredients and 4 steps… and you may very well have all of the necessary ingredients in your pantry. Go check… I’ll wait. 🙂
So, are you convinced? Making homemade beauty products is indeed easy. Do you know of other super simple homemade beauty product recipes? If so, please share them in the comments.