DIY Beauty Care: Homemade Coconut Oil Creamsicle Lotion Bars
Spring may be right around the corner but for now winter is still in season, so to speak. As if the cold weren’t bad enough, winter also brings with it dry skin that can be itchy and in some cases, downright painful. Soothe your skin and keep your wallet full with DIY beauty care recipes like this one for homemade coconut oil creamsicle lotion bars.
DIY beauty care is a great way to save money and avoid the unpronounceable chemicals found in most beauty products. These DIY beauty care creamsicle lotion bars are a double (or even triple) win because they smell amazing and are super easy to make. In just six steps, one of which is “allow to cool”, you can have homemade lotion bars made with soothing coconut oil.
1. In a small saucepan, over medium low heat, combine beeswax and coconut oil, stir frequently until melted.
Tip: Purchase a small pot specifically for making DIY beauty care items like this.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes.
3. Stir in essential oils.
4. Pour mixture into silicone mold. This recipe makes 2 of the square molds pictured above half full.
5. Allow to cool completely.
Tip: Place the molds in the refrigerator to speed up cooling process.
6. Pop from mold and store in a cool place.
Lotion bars left in a hot car or overly warm house will soften or may even melt. If you store them in the bathroom they will be fine.
Give this DIY beauty care product a try… you’re sure to love it. Keep in mind that DIY beauty care recipes like this one make for great gifts so if you know of any upcoming occasions keep these creamsicle lotion bars in mind.