Winter really can be a wonderland of sorts. For many of us it brings snow which can transform even boring landscapes into works of art. When it snows it’s easy to forget you are a grownup and revert to the wide eyed wonder of childhood. The snow brings snowmen, snow ball fights, hot cocoa by a roaring fire, and more.
Unfortunately, not everything about winter is wonderful. Take for instance the dry, itchy skin the season brings. Not only is it unattractive but also uncomfortable and even painful. Split cracked hands, elbows like sandpaper, scaly legs…it’s enough to make you glad for all the layers winter allows you to wear. This year, instead of spending tons of money on store bought remedies in an attempt to achieve supple skin, try this homemade recipe for beauty for DIY body butter.
This DIY body butter can easily be made at home without even turning on your oven! How’s that for a simple homemade recipe for beauty? Plus, this DIY body butter recipe only calls for five ingredients…that’s a lot less than those at the store. Go ahead, flip those bottles around the next time you are at the store and see if you can even pronounce half the ingredients!
Not only does less ingredients mean this homemade recipe for beauty is more natural but it also means it’s less expensive. Anyway you look at it, this DIY body butter is a win! Go ahead, try it, you’re sure to fall in love with your skin and winter all over again.
By the way, you can customize this DIY body butter by changing out the essential oils used.
10 Homemade Recipes for Beauty Products: DIY Body Butter
1. Place the shea butter, coconut oil and almond oil in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between until completely melted.
2. Transfer the melted mixture to a metal bowl ( I use the one for my mixer ) and place in refrigerator until it begins to firm up (usually 30 minutes to an hour). You want it firm but not hard.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and whip on high using a stand or hand mixer until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
4. Add essential oil until the mixture reaches your desired smell and then combine well.
5. Transfer the body butter to a small wide mouth Mason jar.
6. If you prefer your body butter firm, leave it in the refrigerator until ready to use. If you leave the body butter out it will be a much softer texture.
With the holidays fast approaching, keep in mind that this could be a great present for friends, family members, or coworkers. This is like a luxurious spa treatment without the hefty price!
You can also get inspired for the holidays with more homemade recipes for beauty by checking out my series of 10 days of DIY beauty recipes.
If you give this DIY body butter a try, be sure to tell us what you think in the comments.
If you’re looking for more DIY beauty tips and homemade recipes for beauty, be sure to check out Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
If you want soft and shiny hair to match your super soft skin, be sure to give this DIY coconut oil hair mask a try.