Winter really can be a wonderland of sorts. For many of us it brings snow which can transform even boring landscapes into works of art. When it snows it’s easy to forget you are a grownup and revert to the wide eyed wonder of childhood. The snow brings snowmen, snow ball fights, hot cocoa by a roaring fire, and more.
Unfortunately, not everything about winter is wonderful. Take for instance the dry, itchy skin the season brings. Not only is it unattractive but also uncomfortable and even painful. Split cracked hands, elbows like sandpaper, scaly legs…it’s enough to make you glad for all the layers winter allows you to wear. This year, instead of spending tons of money on store bought remedies in an attempt to achieve supple skin, try this homemade recipe for beauty for DIY body butter.
This DIY body butter can easily be made at home without even turning on your oven! How’s that for a simple homemade recipe for beauty? Plus, this DIY body butter recipe only calls for five ingredients…that’s a lot less than those at the store. Go ahead, flip those bottles around the next time you are at the store and see if you can even pronounce half the ingredients!
Not only does less ingredients mean this homemade recipe for beauty is more natural but it also means it’s less expensive. Anyway you look at it, this DIY body butter is a win! Go ahead, try it, you’re sure to fall in love with your skin and winter all over again.
By the way, you can customize this DIY body butter by changing out the essential oils used.
10 Homemade Recipes for Beauty Products: DIY Body Butter
1. Place the shea butter and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between until completely melted.
2. Transfer the melted mixture to a metal bowl ( I use the one for my mixer ) and place in refrigerator until it begins to firm up (usually 30 minutes to an hour). You want it firm but not hard.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and whip on high using a stand or hand mixer until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
4. Add essential oil until the mixture reaches your desired smell and then combine well.
5. Transfer the body butter to a small wide mouth Mason jar.
6. If you prefer your body butter firm, leave it in the refrigerator until ready to use. If you leave the body butter out it will be a much softer texture.
With the holidays fast approaching, keep in mind that this could be a great present for friends, family members, or coworkers. This is like a luxurious spa treatment without the hefty price!
You can also get inspired for the holidays with more homemade recipes for beauty by checking out my series of 10 days of DIY beauty recipes.
If you give this DIY body butter a try, be sure to tell us what you think in the comments.
If you’re looking for more DIY beauty tips and homemade recipes for beauty, be sure to check out Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
If you want soft and shiny hair to match your super soft skin, be sure to give this DIY coconut oil hair mask a try.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.