Do you love stores like Bath and Body Works and The Body Shop? With delicious scents and spa like products who doesn’t? … Until you see the price tag. The cost of a single body scrub is enough to make you cringe, put the product down, and slowly back away. What if, with a little work, you could get great products like those found at Bath and Body Works without the high price tag… and without all the unpronounceable ingredients? Keep reading to find out how you can get homemade sugar scrub bars.
DIY beauty care recipes, like this one for homemade sugar scrub bars, aren’t nearly as complicated as many people think. In fact, you can have homemade sugar scrub bars with as few as four ingredients and in under an hour (not counting cooling time). Pretty nifty, huh?
These homemade sugar scrub bars and other DIY beauty care recipes will save you big bucks not only on products for you personally but also on gifts. Yep, these homemade sugar scrub bars make excellent gifts especially since you can customize them with different scents (essential oils) to fit the receiver’s tastes. For example, if your giving these homemade sugar scrub bars to a man consider a cinnamon and clovers scent combo.
Another advantage to DIY beauty care recipes like this one is that you know exactly what is in the product you’re using. No more mystery ingredients!
If you like this recipe for homemade sugar scrub bars and want more DIY Beauty care tips and recipes be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
DIY Beauty Care: Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars With Coconut Oil
1. Cut soap base into approximately 1”x1” cubes.
2. Place cubes in a small pot and melt over medium low heat.
3. Stir in coconut oil until melted.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
5. Add essential oils.
6. Stir in sugar – be sure to let the mixture cool down before adding the sugar or the sugar will dissolve immediately.
7. Pour into mold and allow to cool until hardened; this usually takes a couple of hours.
8. Use in the shower but store out of direct water spray to keep it from wearing away when not in use.
What are your favorite scent combos for DIY beauty care recipes like these homemade sugar scrub bars? Share in the comments!
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 8-1” cubes glycerin soap base
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Essential oil to scent
Some fantastic scent combos are:
- Grapefruit and Lemongrass
- Lavender and Lemon
- Orange and Vanilla
- Lemon and Basil
- Cinnamon and Clove – perfect for a more manly scent
- Cut soap base into approximately 1”x1” cubes.
- Place cubes in a small pot and melt over medium low heat.
- Stir in coconut oil until melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add essential oils.
- Stir in sugar – be sure to let the mixture cool down before adding the sugar or the sugar will dissolve immediately.
- Pour into mold and allow to cool until hardened; this usually takes a couple of hours.
- Use in the shower but store out of direct water spray to keep it from wearing away when not in use.