You’re late. Your rushing around trying to get ready. Nothing looks quite right on you. Your hair won’t cooperate. You’re trying to get your makeup on just so and then it happens…. You drop your brand new eyeshadow on the bathroom floor and it cracks into about 1,000 pieces.
Is there anything quite so irritating? Not only are you already late and now have a mess to clean up but you just ruined a brand new piece of makeup that cost how much again? Ouch!
Luckily, there’s a homemade recipe for beauty to help you fix that broken eyeshadow (or blush or foundation). Here’s how to fix broken eyeshadow and save yourself some money.
Broken makeup compact
Small sandwich bag
A cotton swab
A butter knife
1. Turn out all your broken makeup into a small sandwich bag, crush it into a fine powder. Trust me this will work out in the end. 🙂
2. Add alcohol (a few drops at a time), massaging the bag as you add alcohol, until the powder resembles a paste.
3. Use butter knife to scoop the powder/paste back into your compact, press it down and spread it out with the flat back of your knife. Use a feather light motion on the powder to smooth it across.
4. Lay a paper towel across compact and press down with something that has a small flat bottom (like a spice bottle).
5. Use a Q-tip to clean up the ridges of your compact.
6. Allow the compact to dry out overnight and it will be as good as new.
This process for how to fix broken eyeshadow will save you lots of money and aggravation. Especially if your favorite makeup is a hard to find brand or color.
Looking for more homemade recipes for beauty and beauty secrets like how to fix broken eyeshadow? If so, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board.
For more DIY beauty recipes, check out this DIY coconut oil hair mask and stick around…this is only 1 of 10 days of DIY beauty recipes I’ll be sharing.