12 Days of DIY Gifts in a Jar: Homemade Lavender Body Scrub
We’d all like to be able to send our loved ones and ourselves to the spa to relax. After all, the holidays are a stressful time of year. Unfortunately, the days following the holidays don’t offer much relief. Your budget is a bit hungover, your detoxing from all the delicious holiday foods, work is in full swing, and the kids are back in school and extracurriculars requiring you to run frantically from one place to the next.
For most, a spa day is out of the question thanks to the price tag; however, you can gift the next best thing…relaxing DIY gifts in a jar like this Mason jar recipe for homemade lavender body scrub.
This DIY gift in a jar is super simple to make. It only requires 5 ingredients/materials and minutes of your time. Bonus: The ingredients needed are pretty inexpensive (especially compared to a spa day).
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”w2TEhW9V” upload-date=”2018-04-24T08:07:37.000Z” name=”Essential Oils 101: Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit” description=”Want to try the best essential oils available? Check out the deal I have for new customers of Young Living Essential Oils.”]
With DIY gifts in a jar such as homemade lavender body scrub, your loved one (or yourself…hey, you deserve a gift!) can take a trip to the spa again and again. This Mason jar recipe is especially great for a bath before bed as lavender is thought to help with anxiety, insomnia, and restlessness.
This is just one of 12 DIY gifts in a jar you’ll find on FreebieFindingMom.com for the 2014 holiday season. I’ve put together a sleigh full of DIY gifts in a jar and Mason jar recipes in order to inspire you to give frugal, fun, heartfelt, and homemade presents this year.
For more DIY gifts in a jar follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Mason Jar Recipes and Crafts Pinterest board and check out 25 other holiday DIY gifts in a jar and 25 Mason Jar Cookie Recipes.
1 C. coconut oil
½ C. sugar (you could also use epsom salt if you wish)
10-15 drops of lavender oil (you should be able to smell the lavender but it should not be overpowering)
4 oz. jelly jars
Printable tag (available to print here)
1. Add the coconut oil, sugar, and lavender oil to a medium sized bowl and mix well. The final product should not be runny.
2. Scoop the body scrub into the jars and affix the printable tag (DIY gifts in a jar printable tag: Lavender body scrub) to the lid with the double-sided tape.
This homemade lavender body scrub will last for six months or more. If the body scrub appears to be “settling” simply stir it.
DIY gifts in a jar such as this Mason jar recipe for homemade lavender body scrub are perfect for anyone in your life from a coworker to a parent to a BFF. While it may not cost much to make DIY gifts in a jar like this one, the receiver is sure to love the thought behind the gift. This holiday season, remind your loved ones to take care of themselves and relax.
Share your experience with DIY gifts in a jar like this one in the comments. Happy holidays!
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at [email protected] Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.