There are many reasons to consider a homemade holiday this year. For one, its frugal. Making gifts is a great way to save money. Another reason is to get closer to the people that matter. Making gifts is a great way to spend quality time with family members or friends having fun and getting crafty. Lastly, homemade gifts from the heart are certainly a lot more memorable than hastily bought store goods. Your mother is sure to remember the mani-pedi in a jar or DIY coconut oil hair mask you made her better than some sweater from a department store.
So, you’re on board with a homemade holiday? Great!
Bonus: Homemade shaving cream isn’t difficult and doesn’t take long to make. You can easily whip up this homemade recipe without disrupting your entire day.
Go ahead, give it a try. This homemade shaving cream is so good your man will probably end up sneaking a little bit for himself!
1. Melt the coconut oil and Shea butter in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently until fully melted.
2. Remove from heat, stir in almond oil and allow to cool.
3. Once the pot is mostly cool (you can touch it) place it in fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the essential oils.
5. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until light and fluffy. When it is ready, the mixture will resemble whipped cream.
6. Place the mixture in an airtight container like a Mason jar.
The consistency of your shaving cream will depend on the temperature in your home. If you keep it in the fridge it will stay nearly solid, if the house is warm it will melt. This recipe fits well in half pint Mason jars for storage.
If you need additional inspiration for your homemade holiday, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Tips Pinterest board which is full of homemade recipes for beauty, tips and tricks, and more. You can also keep checking back on this site because this is just 1 of 10 days of DIY beauty recipes!