Ladies, if your hubby shaves on a daily basis you know that skin and razor blades are not BFFs. Shaving can lead to inflammation, razor burn, the appearance of larger pores, and in general, irritated skin. This is neither comfortable nor pretty. However, unless your man is going to compete in beard competitions (yes, that’s a real thing) he just has to deal with it… right? Wrong! Enter this homemade aftershave.
Listen up… now that summer is here and prickly legs can no longer be hidden under layers of clothing, this homemade aftershave isn’t just for him.
This homemade aftershave has more ingredients than many of the DIY beauty products you’ll find on Freebie Finding Mom; however, it is worth it. This is a winning combination for your skin, and none of the ingredients are pricey.
This homemade aftershave is rich in good-for-your-skin ingredients including coconut oil, witch hazel, and vitamin E oil, just to name a few. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help prevent acne flare-ups. Coconut oil is effective at fighting acne for multiple reasons including its strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. The witch hazel in this homemade aftershave recipe is a natural astringent that can reduce inflammation; it also tightens up pores. Vitamin E is also an anti-inflammatory and it helps to block free radicals which play a large part in making your skin look “older”.
This is only 3 of the awesome ingredients in this homemade aftershave!
Now, don’t get freaked out by the number of ingredients… this homemade recipe is by no means complex. It’s as easy as 1, 2, and 3. Literally. There are 3 steps in this recipe.
So, reintroduce your skin to a razor without fear of ugly confrontations thanks to this homemade aftershave recipe.
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup aloe vera gel
1 Tbsp. witch hazel
2 tsp. beeswax
1 tsp. vitamin E oil
5 drops Lavender essential oil
5 drops Tea Tree essential oil/Melaleuca essential oil
1. Place olive oil, coconut oil, and beeswax in a microwave safe dish, heat in 20 second increments, stirring each time until completely melted.
3. Use a funnel to pour into a pump bottle.
1. Shake well before each use.
2. Pump once or twice into hand.
3. Pat onto freshly shaved face (or legs if you wanna dip into hubby’s stash).
For more easy DIY ideas follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.