Looking for ways to educate and entertain your little one? This ABC chart printable is a fun, frugal, and absolutely adorable way for kids to learn the alphabet and explore the animal kingdom! Choose from two versions of the alphabet chart printable, one that is pre-colored and one that your child can add his or her artistic touch to.
Learning the alphabet is an important pre-reading and pre-writing skill for kids. And there are a lot of ways you can teach your little one the ABCs from songs to tracing (like free printable alphabet stencils templates charts for upper and lower case letters) to themed ABC letter charts (like the two in this post).
The frugal (not free) printable ABC chart PDF in this post helps kids learn the ABCs by associating each letter with an animal. This association can make learning more exciting, after all, who doesn’t love an adorable animal? (Especially one that isn’t shedding all over your home! 😉 )
Plus, this ABC chart for kids helps them see how letters apply to names and objects. Otherwise, letters may seem more like a vague concept, which is why so many children string the letters “L, M, N, O, P” into one blob when singing the alphabet song. By going through this preschool or kindergarten ABC chart PDF and saying, “A is for alligator,” children also learn the various sounds letters can make which takes them a step closer to being able to read!
Bonus: Don’t forget those 123s, which are an important pre-skill for math. Once you’ve got the alphabet, numbers charts are next! To get started, try these free printable numbers templates.
And just like reading is an advance on learning the alphabet, numbers charts can get more advanced as well, such as with these free printable number bubble letters: bubble numbers 0-100.
Pre-Colored ABC Chart Printable
This pre-colored ABC chart printable is ready to go! Here are some ways you might put it to use:
- Have your child say each letter and try to figure out the corresponding animal on the alphabet chart for kids. There are a few they may need help with like “X” (x-ray tetra fish) and “U” (umbrellabird).
- Create flashcards. If you like this idea, letter flashcards are also part of the letters bundle (more on that late in this post).
- Create a matching game. You can print two copies of this alphabet chart printable, cut out the squares, and challenge your little one to find matching letters. Another version of this game is to have your kid try to match uppercase printable free alphabet templates with free lowercase bubble letters to print.
- As a printable traceable alphabet chart for upper and lower case letters. Simply put a thin-ish piece of paper overtop of the ABC chart printable and have your kid trace each letter.
Bonus: If you think the animals in this frugal (not free) printable alphabet chart are helpful to your child, consider incorporating other fun bubble letter templates into your activities to reinforce the ABCs. Some of my favorite templates are the cute bubble letters alphabet and the graffiti bubble letters alphabet. However, you can choose from 18 different free printable bubble letters templates here!
Colorable Alphabet Chart Printable
The second version of the frugal (not free) printable alphabet chart for kids offers a lot of bang for your buck. Not only does this preschool and kindergarten ABC chart for kids allow your child to learn the alphabet, it also allows him or her to refine fine motor coordination, express creativity, and relax. How? Because it allows your child to color each animal!
As you can see, coloring has both cognitive and mental benefits, and when applied to the frugal (not free) alphabet chart for kids, they also have the opportunity to learn the ABCs! 🙂 If you’re looking for more options to combine coloring and learning the alphabet, try these printables:
- Free Printable Bubble Letters Alphabet – Since you can print each letter on it’s own sheet of paper, these bubble letters are perfect for really young children who may not yet have the fine motor coordination to color the small-ish animals on the frugal (not free) printable ABC chart.
- Free Printable Bubble Letter Alphabet Stencils – Your child can color these bubble letters or use them as stencils to start developing writing skills.
- Free Printable Happy Birthday Bubble Letters (3 Styles) – Coloring these “happy birthday” printables is a great way for your kid to start applying the ABCs in the real world!
The ABC Letter Chart and the Letter Bundle
This ABC letter chart printable is part of a much bigger letter bundle. The letter bundle is 116 pages of educational entertainment that is sure to help your kid master the alphabet! 🙂 In addition to the ABC chart printable, the letter bundle contains:
- Letter tracing worksheets – 26 separate worksheets.
- Letter flashcards – both black and white and pre-colored options.
- Preschool letter worksheets.
- Kindergarten letter worksheets.
- Letter recognition worksheets – 26 uppercase and 26 lowercase worksheets, for a total of 52 pages.
- Words that start with (insert letter) – 26 worksheets.
Bonus: Looking for more educational bundles? Be sure to check out the 132-page printable shapes worksheets bundle.
Beyond the ABC Chart Printable
Is your kid ready to advance beyond this frugal (not free) printable ABC chart? Or perhaps you want to get in on the letter fun? Here are some more advanced alphabet printables that are fun for kids and adults!
Tip: Tracing is a great way to learn to recreate any of these alphabet styles.
- Uppercase Free Printable Cursive Alphabet Letters and Free Printable Lowercase Cursive Alphabet Letters
Bonus: Snag even more free printable letters including printable alphabet letters and more here!