Need stocking stuffers for kids that are frugal and fun? No problem! Here are 101 kid’s stocking stuffers that are great for ages 0-18!
101 Cheap Stocking Stuffers for Kids of All Ages
There’s no denying it… the holiday season stretches any family’s budget to the MAX! You have to buy decorations, food, and gifts for just about everyone you’ve ever met, and so on and so forth. (This is only a slight exaggeration–I mean, think about it: your list might include your husband, your kids, your relatives, your neighbors, your kids’ teachers, the post office worker who delivers your mail…The list never ends!)
By the time you make your way to the “stocking stuffers for kids” item on your list, your budget is probably exhausted, am I right? Luckily, you don’t have to spend much on kid’s stocking stuffers to get an awesome gift. Below are 101 cheap stocking stuffers for boys and girls of all ages. Most of them are under $10!
Here’s a quick index of cheap stocking stuffers for kids so you can jump right to your little one’s age group!
1. Pacifiers, like the Gerber First Essentials 2 Pack Soft Center Latex Pacifier are a necessity for many little ones, making them great stocking stuffers for kids. Plus with all the different designs available, this gift can be useful, inexpensive, and pretty.
2. Board Books like Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, by Annie Kubler are the prefect cheap kids stocking stuffers for young children as they possess the much needed durability to stand up to the rigors of little hands.
3. Cute Stocks are useful and inexpensive stocking stuffers for boys and girls. I love how creative you can get with this gift. You have a wide variety of styles to choose from, including those that look like shoes and animals.
5. Rattles are great stocking stuffers for girls and boys alike. Be forewarned though – while your little one will thoroughly enjoy creating a ruckus with his or her new toy you may not enjoy it quite so much! There are tons of different, inexpensive rattles to pick from, start by checking out Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Diamond Ring Rattle.
7. Teething Toys come in fun colors and charming designs (just take a look at The First Years Star Teething Blanket). Whether you’re looking for girl or boy stocking stuffers, these are a must have if your little one is teething this holiday season.
8. Sippy Cups like NUK Disney Winnie the Pooh 5 Ounces Learner Cup Silicone Spout aren’t just an inexpensive stocking stuffer idea for boys and girls… they can also really help a little one who is struggling to transition from the bottle to a “big boy” or “big girl” cup.
9. Burp Cloths probably won’t be voted one of the best stocking stuffers for kids (at least by kids) but parents are sure to appreciate them! I’m a fan of Gerber Unisex Baby 4 Pack Flannel Burp Cloth.
10. Spoon, Fork and Plate Sets like Gerber Graduates My 1st Feeding Set Spoon, Fork and Plate are great stocking stuffers for 3-4 year olds… especially if you have a picky eater on your hands. Having his or her own dishes, especially if they’re decorated, can make meal time a lot more fun.
Bonus: Dealing with a super picky eater during the holidays is no fun. Try some of these tips to get kids to eat vegetables to make meal time a bit more manageable!
11. Bath Crayons such as those made by CrayolaCrayola are the perfect stocking stuffers for kids if you have a little Picasso in your life. Especially if you have a little Picasso who isn’t normally very fond of baths! 😉
12. Comb and Brush Sets like Safety 1st Brush and Comb Set are useful kids stocking stuffers. They’ll make sure your child looks his or her best for all those family photos that get taken around the holidays!
Bonus: Is your little one’s hair a bit of a rat’s nest? Say bye-bye to tangles with the help of this DIY hair detangler.
13. Character Band-Aids are just the thing to make ouchies and boo-boos heal faster. Luckily, there are a wide variety of characters to choose from like Band-aid Bandages Disney Mickey Mouse so finding the perfect stocking stuffer for boys OR girls shouldn’t be too difficult.
Bonus: Going for a homemade holiday this year? No problem, consider making hair clips to use as stocking stuffers; here’s how.
15. Stuffed Animals are a stocking stuffers kids gift that can provide your child with a cute and cuddly friend to love on for years to come. You don’t have to go with the traditional teddy bear; get inspired by checking out Ty Pluffies Dangles Monkey.
16. Small Toys like Small World Sand & Water Toys (Peek-A-Boo Dump Truck) make for fun and inexpensive stocking stuffer ideas for kids.
17. Bubbles are an inexpensive girl or boy stocking stuffer that will keep your children entertained for a long time; they’re a pretty good return on investment! Super charge your child’s bubble blowing experience with Little Kids Fubbles No-Spill Bubble Tumbler.
18. Finger Puppets like 12 Neon Monkey Vinyl Finger Puppets ZOO Animal Jungle make little fingers even cuter – if you can believe that! I love stocking stuffer ideas for boys and girls like this that encourage them to use their imagination and don’t require batteries! 😉
19. Hat and Mittens are a practical, cheap stocking stuffer for kids and must haves for snowball fights and snowman building. In fact, I think this is one of the best stocking stuffers for kids because you can never have too many pairs of mittens and hats. My little man goes through several each winter. I have no idea where they disappear to….
20. Coloring Books such as Santa’s Big Big Book to Color (Jumbo Coloring Book) are the perfect stocking stuffer to keep your child entertained. While coloring books can work well for all ages, I really like them as stocking stuffers for 3-4 year olds because, at that point, they’re also educational and help little ones learn fine motor skills.
Bonus: Make coloring a family activity by downloading some of these FREE adult coloring pages and joining in on the fun.
21. Crayons or Markers are great for encouraging your artist in the making. A word of caution though, when opting for this stocking stuffer for kids, always remember this word: WASHABLE! Go for something like Crayola Washable Markers. Trust me on this, I learned the hard way.
22. Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste like Baby Banana Brush And Tooth Gel Combo Pack are just the thing to encourage good dental habits from an early age. This kids stocking stuffer is sure to make your child want to brush his or her teeth!
23. Tooth Brush Sanitizer probably won’t be the stocking stuffer for boys and girls that gets your kiddo jumping for joy, but it will ensure your child’s special toothbrush is germ-free. If you’re looking for an affordable option check out Dr Tung’s Children Snap-on Portable Antibacterial Toothbrush Sanitizer.
24. Match Card Games such as Thomas & Friends Make-A-Match Game are a fun stocking stuffer idea for kids that will help your little one build memory and critical thinking skills as well as provide hours of family quality time. 🙂
26. Holiday Rubber Duckies can be just the stocking stuffer kids gift to get your chid in the holiday spirit – even during bath time! Check out this super cute set of 12 Christmas Holiday Rubber Duckies.
27. Cereal Cups are a nutritious and yummy snack as well as inexpensive girls and boys stocking stuffers.
Bonus: When giving edible gifts as kids stocking stuffers, you want to ensure they are delicious AND nutritious. Here are 37 healthy snacks for kids to choose from.
28. Wash Clothes like this Spasilk 10 Pack Soft Terry Washcloth Set will make your child feel extra special at bath time. Since washcloths come in plenty of fun designs, these make great stocking stuffer ideas for boys and girls.
29. Fruit Snacks such as Welch’s Fruit Snacks may be just the trick to get some fruit into those little tummies! Anything that encourages kiddos to eat something nutritious makes the “best stocking stuffers for kids” list in my book! 🙂
Bonus: Since the holiday season falls squarely within cold and flu season, you might want to make these homemade vitamin gummies and including them in the kiddos’ stockings.
30. Balls may be a great stocking stuffer (assuming they’ll fit in the stocking!) to get your child active. Check out this Infantino Textured Multi Ball Set. Balls are specifically great stocking stuffers for 3-4 year olds as they can help teach hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and even sharing.
31. Goldfish Crackers are another yummy stocking stuffer for kids. After all, who doesn’t love Goldfish? Just try not to eat them all yourself!
Bonus: If you find yourself with extra Goldfish on hand, consider using them in this tasty recipe for Goldfish encrusted chicken nuggets.
32. Juice Boxes like Juicy Juice 100% Juice can be a real treat for your little one so grab a box or two as a stocking stuffer. Tip: I always check the sugar content before opting for this kids stocking stuffer as some juices have as much sugar as a can of pop!
34. Play-Doh is a great stocking stuffer for boys and girls who are facing hours and hours of time trapped indoors. Play-Doh will not only allow your little one to exercise his or her creativity but also (hopefully) stave off cabin fever! Check out this Play-Doh: Case of Colors.
35. Stamp Sets like Jungle Zoo Safari Stampers Self-ink Stamps make good stocking stuffer ideas for kids if you’re feeling a bit brave this holiday season. Depending on your little one’s age I recommend close supervision!
36. Novelty Erasers like Iwako Japanese Puzzle Take Apart Erasers Zoo Animals may soften the blow of having to return to school after Christmas break. Tip: Looking for awesome boy stocking stuffers? Look for erasers that are based on his favorite super heroes!
37. Jewelry is the best stocking stuffer for kids if you have a little lady in your life (or an adult lady – hint, hint all you husbands out there!). This Hello Kitty Balloon Dreams Necklace Charm Flower is sure to have your home ringing with squeals of delight!
39. Nail Polish makes fun stocking stuffers for kids (girls), and can lead to some great mother-daughter time. Go ahead, treat each other to manicures. For any color you can imagine, there’s a nail polish to match, head over here to find your child’s favorites.
40. Nail Art Stickers like Cute Hello Kitty Nail Art Glitter Tattoo Stickers Decals are just the kids stocking stuffer to finish that mother-daughter manicure off! 🙂
41. Slinky is a classic toy enjoyed and loved for generations – and there’s a reason for that. If its not broken don’t fix it – go with the original POOF-Slinky Model #101 Metal Slinky as stocking stuffers for boys and girls.
44. Night Lights like the Adoric Night Lighting Lamp, Star Light Rotating Projector will keep your little one’s bedroom monster free all night long. Tip: Pair this stocking stuffer for girls and boys with this DIY monster spray!
45. Stickers are the perfect stocking stuffers kids gift idea if your child is crafty. The possibilities with stickers are almost endless from scrapbooking to decorating school notebooks. To get the most bang for your buck, consider the Super Sticker Assortment (1,000 Stickers).
46. Gloves for Girls and Boys like Columbia Girls’ Youth Fast Trek Glove may not be met with an abundance of joy at least initially, but your child will certainly be appreciative when its bitterly cold outside and he or she wants to indulge in some winter fun. Sledding anyone?
47. Sidewalk Chalk is a fun stocking stuffer idea for boys and girls that will have your child looking forward to warmer weather. This gift is a great way for your child to showcase his or her artistic ability as well as spruce up the sidewalk in front of your house. Check out Crayola Sidewalk Chalk, Washable, Outdoor, Gifts for Kids.
48. Pez are a fun (and yummy) treat. Surprise your child with a unique dispenser that fits him or her such as the PEZ Candy Star Wars Random Assortment of Pez Dispensers With 2 Rolls of Refills Each. Tip: Some of the best stocking stuffers for kids are little gifts that show how much thought you put into them… like finding the perfect PEZ dispenser. Don’t feel like you have to spend a small fortune to WOW the kiddos on your list!
Bonus: If you find yourself with leftover tattoos come spring, you can actually use them to decorate Easter eggs!
51. Hair Accessories are fun and can be really inexpensive. Plus, they’re easy to find and come in every imaginable color and design. Check out Cute Handmade Grosgrain Ribbon Bow Headbands if you’re looking for stocking stuffers for girls this holiday season.
52. Bubble Bath is a great way to pamper and relax your child after all the fun family get-togethers that go along with the holidays. Try Circle of Friends Sophia’s Ciao Bella! Bubble Bath – you’ll love this stocking stuffer idea for kids so much that you’ll probably find yourself sneaking a little. Hey, parents have to unwind too! 😉
Bonus: Parents, if you’re really looking to unwind in the tub, consider whipping up a batch of these homemade bath fizzies.
54. Notepads with cool designs like these Disney Notepads and these Safari Animal Jungle Zoo Notepads with Wiggle Eyes are a great stocking stuffer for boys and girls to get your child excited about heading back to school once the holidays are over.
Bonus: Another option is to purchase “plain” notebooks and pencils and decorate them yourself with this easy DIY back to school art project.
55. My Little Pony Toys like My Little Pony Princess Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash Figures are cute stocking stuffers for kids and way less work than a real pony. 🙂
56. LEGO Mini Figure like LEGO Series 10 Baseball Fielder Mini Figure can be a great addition to any lego sets that are under the tree waiting to be opened. Tip: Maybe make sure your hubby knows that this stocking stuffer idea for boys is for little boys… no monopolizing the LEGOs!
57. Magnets make great girl or boy stocking stuffers to encourage your child to proudly display his or her works of art, school work, or anything else. Get alphabet magnets to encourage his or her spelling skills or this set of 6 fun Kikkerland Owl Magnets.
58. Barbie Outfits like Barbie I Can Be Doll Fashion Outfit (Musician Violin) are one of the best stocking stuffers for kids if your little ones are in to playing dress up with their dolls or action figures.
59. Travel Games such as Scavenger Hunt For Kids Cards are a must have stocking stuffers for kids if your family will be doing some traveling this holiday season – trust me, this will make the experience more enjoyable for everyone involved (especially you).
60. Silly Straws are a kids stocking stuffer that is sure to encourage your child to drink all of his or her milk, juice, or any other beverage you put before them. Check out 36 Crazy Loop Straws to get a lot of silly straws for not a lot of money.
62. Sunglasses are an inexpensive but fun (and necessary) stocking stuffer idea for kids. They come in a variety of styles, sizes, and colors; start your search by checking out Polarspex Kids Polarized Sunglasses.
63. Wooden Puzzles like Velociraptor Dinosaur 3D Woodcraft Construction Kit are inexpensive stocking stuffers for girls and boys that’ll keep the kids challenged and entertained for hours (hopefully).
64. Earmuffs like gloves, might not be an initial fan favorite stocking stuffers kids gift but your child will change his or her tune once they head outside for some winter fun. Check out some cute and warm earmuffs like N’ice Caps Girls Currier and Ives Winter Print Adjustable Pile Ear Muff.
65. Comic Books such as Tiny Titans Vol. 01: Welcome to the Treehouse are fabulous boy stocking stuffers (AND girl stocking stuffers) that will get your child excited about reading. Before you know it, they’ll be lost in the action.
66. Life Saver Candy Books are two stocking stuffer ideas for boys and girls in one: A yummy sweet treat and a story. Plus, they’re inexpensive so everyone wins.
67. Card Games like Uno Card Game are one of the best stocking stuffers for kids if you’re looking to spend some quality time together as a family. Card games can even encourage moody teenagers to be in the same room as mom and dad for more than 10 minutes at a time! 🙂
70. Friendship Bracelet Kits like ALEX Toys DIY Wear Friends 4 Ever Jewelry are the perfect crafty kids stocking stuffer. The kiddos will have a ball getting together with their friends and decorating each others’ wrists.
72. Glitter Pens like Sakura Gelly Roll Assorted Colors Stardust Meteor Pen Set are stocking stuffer ideas for kids that are sure to be a hit. After all, everything is better with a little bling right?
73. Watches: are useful and inexpensive stocking stuffers for girls and boys. Plus, they can be a pretty awesome fashion accessory; just check out Timex Girls’ “Time Teacher” Floral Elastic Strap Watch.
74. Small Flashlights like MAGLITE K3A116 AAA Solitaire Flashlight are a surprisingly useful stocking stuffers kids gift that will easily fit in a backpack or purse. Tip: I highly recommend this stocking stuffer for teens who are driving and may need to look for car keys or change a tire in the dark.
75. Crazy Socks I don’t think socks have ever been voted one of the best stocking stuffers for kids, but these socks are pretty darn fun. Check out these Angelina socks as a starting point for finding some wild footwear.
76. Lip Gloss like Bonne Bell Lip Smackers Lip Smacker Party Pack are fun, frugal, and tasty stocking stuffers for girls. Yep, the biggest potential issue with gifting flavored lip gloss is the difficulty in resisting licking it off.
Bonus: Looking for beauty products that are chemical free? Consider making your own lip gloss this holiday season. I recommend this DIY cinnamon flavored lip gloss!
81. Locker Mirrors are probably a must have stocking stuffer for girls (especially teens) so that she can ensure she’s ready to impress while running between classes. Check out this great option: Magnetic Locker Blue Framed Mirror.
83. Manicure Sets will allow your daughter to give herself salon worthy treatment without the salon worthy price. Check out this too cute Ms. Manicure Pretty in Pink Manicure Set. I love stocking stuffer ideas for kids, like this, that are fun and practical! Maybe pair this with some of my earlier recommendations (ex. nail polish) for a mother-daughter mani-pedi day. 🙂
Bonus: Want to take this from “stocking stuffer” to a gift worthy of being under the tree? Turn it into a mani-pedi in a jar.
84. Picture Frames such as MCS 3.25×3.25 Inch Clear Plastic 6 Sided Photo Cube 4-Pack are a stocking stuffers kids gift that’s a win-win. Your child is allowed to decorate his or her room and you don’t have to deal with about a zillion holes in the wall! See, win-win.
85. Key Chains make fun stocking stuffers for teens, especially new drivers. Tip: Even if he or she isn’t driving, key chains can still be useful for keeping track of house keys. Check out this cute keychain to get inspired: Love Your Breed Acrylic Keychain.
86. Beef Jerky is a tasty, high protein snack that makes perfect girl or boy stocking stuffers for the kid on the go or the young athlete needing to fuel up quick.
87. Travel Size Toiletries make great stocking stuffer ideas for boys and girls alike. They can take them on sleepovers, use them at school, or put them to use on family trips. This 9-Piece Women’s Travel Kit with Zippered Bag should get you started.
89. iTunes Gift Cards make excellent stocking stuffers for kids (and adults for that matter) since they can be used to download music, apps, movies, books, and more!
Bonus: Dress this gift up by putting the gift card in a snow globe.
90. Travel Alarm Clocks such as MARATHON CL030023 Travel Alarm Clock with Calendar & Temperature are a kids stocking stuffer that should ensure your kiddo is never late to school again, right? (Yeah, that’s probably wishful thinking but hopefully this gift will help!)
91. Cosmetic Bags are a good stocking stuffer for girls so that your little princess can stash all of her personal belongings fashionably (and hopefully neatly). Check out this Hello Kitty Cosmetic Hand Bag Make-up Case.
92. Small Calculators like this Sharp Electronics Translucent 3 Key Memory Youth Calculator make practical stocking stuffers for boys and girls alike.
93. Pocket Knives are an inexpensive and practical stocking stuffer idea for kids if you think your child is responsible enough. Not sure which kind of pocket knife to buy? Check out this Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife from Victorinox.
Bonus: Keep her skin healthy and beautiful by also gifting her this homemade makeup brush cleaner.
96. Diary with Lock and Key like Hot Focus Peace Diary with Lock and Keys are a tried and true stocking stuffer idea for kids. A diary will provide her (or him!) with a place to share her personal thoughts and dreams.
97. Disposable Cameras are still a kids stocking stuffer option despite the fact that many kids have cameras on their phones; disposable cameras are just the thing for passing around on field trips, slumber parties, and school dances. Capture every Kodak moment with Kodak 35mm Single Use Camera w/ Flash.
98. Cell Phone Cases are stocking stuffers for boys and girls that are a win-win. Win 1: They allow kids to show their individuality. Win 2: They provide much needed protection. Why not give them one they’re proud to rock out with like Bling Zebra Skin (Pink/Hot Pink) Diamante.
99. Magazine Subscriptions are an underutilized gift idea that I think are one of the best stocking stuffers for kids since they’re the gift that keeps on giving (you get more than one magazine).
Want to help your son or daughter stay up-to-date with the latest teen news. How about Seventeen magazine?
This stocking stuffer is especially inexpensive when you buy them from DiscountMags.com where you can score up to 80% off on subscriptions to popular magazines.
100. Mascara, especially a nice, non-clumping brand will be much appreciated by the girl who likes makeup. Try Bareminerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara for a stocking stuffer for girls.
There you have it – 101 inexpensive stocking stuffers for kids! From my family to yours – happy holidays!
Now that you’ve got the stocking stuffer ideas for kids covered, take a break and spend some quality time with your family. I recommend getting in the holiday spirit with some kid-friendly DIY projects like those on my Christmas Crafts for Kids Pinterest board.