If you have a pre-teen or teenager in your life, he or she has probably given you a long Christmas list…and most of the items on that list are probably gift cards. Gift cards are also a go-to gift for the notoriously hard to shop for such as a picky friend or barely known coworker.
Giving a gift card does solve the problem of having to actually shop for a gift; however, it can feel like a bit of a cop-out. After all, how much thought actually goes into picking up a gift card? This year, if you’re giving a gift card get creative about the packaging. Instead of handing someone an envelope dress it up with this DIY gifts in a jar idea.
Using this DIY gifts in a jar idea turns an ordinary gift card into an adorable glittery snow globe. It also shows the gift receiver that you put some effort into their gift.
Gift card of your choice
Hot glue gun
8 oz. jelly jar with lid and ring
1. Heat the hot glue gun. Place the jelly jar lid bottom side up and apply glue across the bottom of the lid.
2. Immediately place the gift in the glue standing up. You will have to hold it for about 1 minute so that the hot glue sets. You might even want to add a few extra drops while you are holding it in place just to make sure that it stays put.
3. Allow the glue to set and cool completely.
4. Fill the jar with water all the way to the top and add glitter (no real measurement, just sprinkle liberally).
5. Seal the jar and voila! A cool homemade snow globe ready in minutes.
One possibility, since this DIY gifts in a jar idea can be completed in a matter of minutes, is to keep one or two of these gift card snow globes on hand to give away as last minute presents. Simply purchase a more “generic” gift card such as to a major retailer or maybe Starbucks to use in this DIY gifts in a jar idea.
This year Freebie Finding Mom is providing 12 DIY gifts in a jar to help you have a frugal, fun, heartfelt, and homemade holiday. Mason jar recipes like these provided by Freebie Finding Mom allow even the most DIY-challenged individual to get crafty this Christmas.
For more DIY gifts in a jar follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Mason Jar Recipes and Crafts Pinterest board and check out 25 other holiday DIY gifts in a jar and 25 Mason Jar Cookie Recipes.