Red, cracked, and peeling lips aren’t especially attractive… or comfortable! During the winter months, I frequently find myself combatting these chapped lip symptoms. That’s why I pretty much always have a container of DIY lip gloss on hand. Seriously, you could search me right now and you’d find one! 🙂
Going by the amount of lip balms and lip glosses at my local drug store, I’m guessing I’m not the only one dealing with chapped lips this time of the year. If you’re someone who never leaves home without a tube of lip gloss, I urge you to try this homemade natural lip gloss.
Making DIY lip gloss is incredibly quick and simple (just 3 steps!); however, it’s also highly effective. With this homemade natural lip gloss you can kiss chapped lips goodbye! Sure, just grabbing a tube of Chapstick at the grocery store may be easier than making your own (barely) but one of the big benefits of DIY lip gloss is the fact that it contains no chemicals or unnatural ingredients. Frequently, with store-bough lip glosses, your lips are left feeling tacky or greasy. Yuck! Sometimes those store-bought varieties can even irritate your lips further. Save your money and whip up this homemade natural lip gloss.
The DIY lip gloss below contains 3 good for your skin ingredients… and nothing else. Your lips will be soothed and moisturized each time you apply this homemade natural lip gloss. Plus, they’ll be shiny and, thanks to the cinnamon essential oil, a little plumper. Who could resist?
In addition to giving you utterly kissable lips, this DIY lip gloss can quickly be customized to your favorite flavor/scent. Simply add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil and you’ll have a custom homemade natural lip gloss.
If you’re looking for other ways to show your lips some love this winter, try out this:
- DIY lipstick
- Coconut oil lip gloss – with or without color tint
- Peppermint lip balm
- Raspberry lip scrub
Makes one roller bottle of homemade natural lip gloss.
1. Remove the cap and the roller portion from the roller bottle.
2. Using an eye dropper or pipette, add jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, and cinnamon essential oil to the bottle.
3. Pop the roller piece back into the bottle, replace the cap, and shake well to combine.
What other flavors would you make this DIY lip gloss in? Share your creative creations in the comments! 🙂
Looking for more DIY beauty projects like this homemade natural lip gloss? If so, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s:
You can also find more great homemade beauty products right here on Freebie Finding Mom!
– – – – – –
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.