Red, cracked, and peeling lips aren’t especially attractive… or comfortable! During the winter months, I frequently find myself combatting these chapped lip symptoms. That’s why I pretty much always have a container of DIY lip gloss on hand. Seriously, you could search me right now and you’d find one! 🙂
Going by the amount of lip balms and lip glosses at my local drug store, I’m guessing I’m not the only one dealing with chapped lips this time of the year. If you’re someone who never leaves home without a tube of lip gloss, I urge you to try this homemade natural lip gloss.
Making DIY lip gloss is incredibly quick and simple (just 3 steps!); however, it’s also highly effective. With this homemade natural lip gloss you can kiss chapped lips goodbye! Sure, just grabbing a tube of Chapstick at the grocery store may be easier than making your own (barely) but one of the big benefits of DIY lip gloss is the fact that it contains no chemicals or unnatural ingredients. Frequently, with store-bough lip glosses, your lips are left feeling tacky or greasy. Yuck! Sometimes those store-bought varieties can even irritate your lips further. Save your money and whip up this homemade natural lip gloss.
The DIY lip gloss below contains 3 good for your skin ingredients… and nothing else. Your lips will be soothed and moisturized each time you apply this homemade natural lip gloss. Plus, they’ll be shiny and, thanks to the cinnamon essential oil, a little plumper. Who could resist?
In addition to giving you utterly kissable lips, this DIY lip gloss can quickly be customized to your favorite flavor/scent. Simply add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil and you’ll have a custom homemade natural lip gloss.
If you’re looking for other ways to show your lips some love this winter, try out this:
- DIY lipstick
- Coconut oil lip gloss – with or without color tint
- Peppermint lip balm
- Raspberry lip scrub
Makes one roller bottle of homemade natural lip gloss.
1. Remove the cap and the roller portion from the roller bottle.
2. Using an eye dropper or pipette, add jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, and cinnamon essential oil to the bottle.
3. Pop the roller piece back into the bottle, replace the cap, and shake well to combine.
What other flavors would you make this DIY lip gloss in? Share your creative creations in the comments! 🙂
Looking for more DIY beauty projects like this homemade natural lip gloss? If so, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s:
You can also find more great homemade beauty products right here on Freebie Finding Mom!
- 2 T. jojoba oil (or olive oil, or apricot oil)
- ⅛ tsp. vitamin E oil
- 6 drops cinnamon essential oil
- Roller bottle
- Remove the cap and the roller portion from the roller bottle.
- Using an eye dropper or pipette, add jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, and cinnamon essential oil to the bottle.
- Pop the roller piece back into the bottle, replace the cap, and shake well to combine.