Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Do you and your family absolutely adore pizza? If so, I can understand why… and you aren’t alone. In fact, according to pizza.com, the average American eats 46 slices of pizza per year. Pretty impressive huh? Well, now, getting in that 46 slices of pizza per year just got even easier thanks to this easy breakfast pizza recipe!
That’s right, pizza isn’t just for dinner any more. With this easy breakfast pizza recipe on hand you can indulge in pizza for the most important meal of the day: Breakfast.
This easy breakfast pizza recipe is, well, easy – duh! It’s also delicious and something different… after all, variety is the spice of life right?
Here are two things I really love bout this easy breakfast pizza recipe:
1.) You can easily customize this easy breakfast pizza recipe to fit your family’s topping preferences. Don’t like peppers? Leave them off. Have a hankering for bacon? Mix it in.
2.) This easy breakfast pizza recipe, like just about any pizza, works pretty well as leftovers, so on the off chance your family doesn’t scarf it all down on day one, re-heat this easy breakfast pizza recipe tomorrow.
For more easy and delicious breakfast recipes follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Breakfast Pinterest board.
2 8-10 ct refrigerated biscuits
1 C. of shredded mozzarella
1/2 C. of shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
3-4 green onions, diced
3 large eggs
1/8 C. of milk
Optional: bacon or breakfast sausage
This easy breakfast pizza recipe makes 4-6 servings.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk the eggs with the milk.
3. Open each container of biscuits and discard the cans.
4. Take one biscuit at a time and flatten with your hand. Set the flattened biscuit on a 9×13 baking sheet and repeat the flattening process with the other biscuits.
5. Line the biscuits across on the baking sheet and then close the gaps by stretching the dough with your fingers.
Note: Don’t be afraid to flatten the biscuits as much as you can because they will rise during baking. If all the biscuits do not cover the baking sheet completely, don’t worry – depending on the your biscuit count they may or may not.
6. Use a pastry brush to gently brush about half of the whisked eggs and milk mixture onto the biscuit dough.
7. Sprinkle the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the biscuits.
8. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the biscuits.
9. Use a spoon to gently pour the rest of the egg mixture evenly over the cheese.
10. Sprinkle the green peppers, red peppers, diced green onions, and any breakfast meat (bacon or sausage) you’d like to add over the egg and cheese mixture.
11. Place the baking sheet in the oven on the middle rack and bake 12-15 minutes. Check the pizza at 12 minutes to see if the egg and dough are cooked through. Do not over bake.
12. Remove the pizza from the oven and cut evenly into squares.
What toppings would you add to this easy breakfast pizza recipe? Please share in the comments.