DIY Green Tea Face Mask: Homemade Matcha Green Tea & Honey Face Mask
When was the last time you did something indulgent for yourself? I don’t mean eating that cookie yesterday! 🙂 I mean something really indulgent like getting a facial or a mani-pedi? If your scratching your head trying to remember what a mani-pedi even is, we should talk. While a whole day at the spa is out of the question for most of us, due to busy schedules and tight budgets, there are things you can do to pamper yourself at home. For example, you can treat yourself to an anti-aging facial with this DIY face mask.
This green tea face mask is a great way to pamper yourself and your skin. If you have sensitive skin, and normally shy away from facial masks, no worries! This DIY face mask has natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals. In fact, thanks to the matcha green tea, it may even help with redness, inflammation, and irritation. In addition, this green tea face mask can help fight the signs of aging, sooth acne breakouts, open your pores (so that dirt can be cleaned out), and moisturize your skin. Not too shabby, right?
Making this green tea face mask takes just minutes, so no large chunk of time has to be set aside from your full-to-bursting schedule. Merely stock up on the ingredients and the next time you find 20-30 minutes that you can claim as “me” time whip up this DIY face mask and pamper yourself!
Note: If you simply cannot find 20-30 minutes to spare for yourself, you can still use this green tea face mask. Wear it while you do other things around the house like making a grocery list or dusting.
While this green tea face mask is a great all around facial treatment, there are other DIY face masks that might better suit your needs. For example try a:
- Banana face mask to brighten skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines, and moisturize.
- Anti-aging face mask to fight wrinkles and give skin a more youthful appearance.
- Avocado face mask to sooth dry or itchy skin and reduce the signs of aging.
- Yogurt face mask to get rid of debris and dead skin and minimize pores.
- Oatmeal and honey face mask – to fight acne breakouts and clean out pores.
If you’re looking for other ways than this DIY face mask to treat yourself without decimating your budget, try this:
- Peppermint foot soak – This foot soak is great after a long day on your feet.
- Lavender body scrub – This body scrub is perfect for unwinding before bed.
- Coconut oil hair mask – This hair mask is awesome when your hair is feeling a little dry or damaged.
1. Mix matcha green tea, honey, and coconut oil together until completely combined.
2. Adding a little at a time, pour in just enough water to thin out the mixture.
Tip: You want to add enough water to make the mask easy to apply but not so much that it is drippy. If you add too much water, no worries! Just mix in a little more green tea and it’ll thicken up.
2. Apply green tea face mask evenly and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
3. Wipe away with a wet cloth and pat skin dry.
4. Finish by moisturizing your face.
Tip: For a gentle, light moisturizer try this homemade face moisturizer.
Want to rev this DIY face mask up even more? Add a drop of lavender essential oil and a drop of frankincense essential oil to your green tea face mask mixture as both help fight the signs of aging.