Homemade Face Wash For Acne: Homemade Aloe & Mint Foaming Face Wash
It seems the more embarrassing a problem is the more money companies offering quick fixes stand to make. Take acne for example; according to Consumer Reports, Americans spend $400 million each year just on over the counter acne treatments. Yikes! What if I told you there was a homemade face wash for acne that would cost you far less than certain acne products advertised on TV?
Yep, it’s true, there is a homemade face wash for acne that will save you money while still kicking acne flareups to the curb (or helping prevent them altogether).
This foaming homemade face wash for acne is soothing, cleansing, and moisturizing. Thanks to its natural ingredients, this homemade face wash for acne is gentle enough to use on a daily basis. In fact, you should be able to use it multiple times a day without having to worry about irritation. That’s not something that can be said about many commercial acne face washes.
In addition, this homemade face wash for acne takes less than five minutes to make. The steps are so easy anyone can tackle this project successfully. Even if you’re living in a college dorm without access to a kitchen you can make this homemade face wash for acne.
While the low cost, sensitive skin friendly ingredients, and quick and easy creation are all awesome benefits of this homemade face wash for acne, my favorite thing is how customizable the recipe is. When I make this homemade face wash for acne, I use lavender and frankincense essential oils because they fit my skin’s needs. Both are great for oily skin and for helping to repair and prevent signs of aging. When it comes to fighting acne, the lavender essential oil and coconut oil are awesome!
However, when you make this homemade face wash for acne you can use whichever essential oils best fit your needs. Here are some options you should consider for your homemade face wash for acne recipe:
If your skin is oily use…
- Tea tree (Melaleuca)
If your skin is dry use…
If your skin is sensitive use…
If your skin is normal use…
To fight signs of aging use…
To prevent and clear up acne use…
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
You do not need to use just one essential oil in your homemade face wash for acne. Pick a combo of two that you feel will best suit your skin.
Tip: Since different essential oils have different scents, I recommend smelling an essential oil to make sure it doesn’t make you wrinkle your nose before adding it to your homemade face wash for acne!
One final note: Don’t get too hung up on the process of selecting the perfect essential oil combo… since this homemade face wash for acne is so darn simple you can always make it using a different essential oil combination next time! 🙂
Looking for a more robust set of homemade acne remedies? Consider pairing this homemade face wash for acne with this:
¼ cup distilled water
¼ cup mild castile soap (unscented)
2 tsp. coconut oil, jojoba oil, or almond oil
2 tsp. vegetable glycerin
2 tsp. aloe vera gel
6 drops lavender essential oil
4 drops frankincense essential oil
Foaming soap dispenser
1. Add all ingredients to foaming soap dispenser.
2. Shake well to combine.
1. Shake well.
2. Apply 2-3 pumps of homemade face wash for acne to damp face.
3. Rinse face thoroughly.
4. Pat dry with a clean towel.
You can use this homemade face wash for acne in the morning, at night, or as needed.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.