Homemade Face Wash For Acne and Oily Skin Recipe: Grapefruit Face Wash
Do you wash your face every day? If not, I recommend you start straight away, and to encourage you I’m going to give you an excellent natural homemade face wash recipe.
Why is washing your face important? Well, let’s look at what would happen if you stopped. According to Westlake Dermatology:
“If you completely stopped washing your face your pores would become clogged resulting in the development of serious acne. The skin could also experience a combination of severe redness, dryness and irritation from insufficient hydration. Finally your skin would generally appear dirty, oily, greasy and significantly aged.”
Yikes! Feel like taking a quick break to wash your face right now? Yeah, me too! BRB.
Whew! That’s much better, right? 🙂
Side note: If you’d like to whip up some homemade body wash, so you can scrub more than just your face, here’s how.
While washing your face is definitely important, not all products are created equally. For one, you’ll want to choose a product that fits your skin. For example, if you have acne, you’ll want a homemade face wash for acne. There are also face washes specifically for dry, oily, sensitive, and combination skin.
Second, you’ll want to consider what is in the face wash. The next time you’re at the store, flip over a few bottles and read the ingredients. Personally, I prefer as few ingredients as possible in my products which is why I tend to stick to homemade face wash recipes. They usually have fewer than 8 ingredients, and I can pronounce every single one of them.
Third, you’ll need to evaluate the price. It’d be great if we could just buy whatever the heck we wanted, am I right? However, for better or worse, most of us have a budget to stick to. This is another benefit of this homemade face wash for acne. It’s pretty inexpensive.
A third benefit of the homemade face wash for acne I’m going to share with you is how effective it is. Thanks to its essential oils, it’s great at kicking acne and oily skin to the curb. Don’t believe me? Just try it; what have you got to lose?
Note: If you have sensitive skin, this homemade face wash recipe may not be a great option for you as grapefruit is a citrus. Instead, I recommend trying this strawberry face scrub or one of these DIY face masks.
One final note: If you are pregnant, you should consult your doctor before using essential oils.
Have fun with this recipe… I’m going to wash my face again! 😉
1/4 Cup filtered water
2 Tablespoons unscented Castile soap
1.25 ml Jojoba oil
3 drops therapeutic grade grapefruit essential oil
3 drops therapeutic grade tea tree oil
3 drops therapeutic grade frankincense essential oil
Empty 3 oz. bottle (I used a bath and body works travel body wash container)
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine water and Jojoba oil and mix.
2. Add Castile soap and mix.
3. Add in grapefruit, tea tree, and frankincense essential oils.
4. Pour into empty container and shake.
1. Shake homemade face wash for acne container.
2. Squirt a teaspoon sized amount on a cotton pad.
3. Wash face.
Warning: Avoid getting homemade face wash for acne in your eyes.
4. Rinse face with water.
In love with this homemade face wash for acne? Ready to take on more DIY challenges? Be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty and Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest boards. You should also check out:
- Making Homemade Beauty Products Is Easy
- Homemade raspberry lip scrub
- DIY body scrub
- Homemade sugar scrub bars
- Homemade lavender body scrub
- Oatmeal body scrub
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.