A back to school word search is a fun way to get little brains geared up for the new school year! Here are 7 free back to school word searches to try.
7 FREE Printable Back to School Word Searches
Whether you’re a parent getting ready to send the kiddos back to school or a teacher getting ready to face a full classroom, you won’t want to miss these back to school word searches.
A printable back to school word search is a fun way to get those little brains humming along after the summer break. Hunting for words will get the gears turning and knock loose any dust that may have accumulated. 🙂
All 7 of these back to school word searches are totally free, which is great since you’ll already be shelling out a small fortune for school supplies.
Tip: Looking for ways to save on school supplies? Read 10 Ways to Get Free School Supplies by Mail or In Person.
Most of these back to school word searches are, you guessed it, school themed, but you can also try other (non-school related) word searches as well. Here’s a super fun Disney word search. Oh, and if you like this Disney word search, you can snag more free Disney printables here.
1. School Supply Word Search Back to School Printable (Freebie Finding Mom) – This back to school word search is themed around common school supplies. It’s a great way to get the kiddos (and you) thinking about items you might want to stock up on! Don’t want to just rely on a word search? Back to school checklists, like this one, can also come in handy. 🙂
2. Free Back to School Word Search (Cyber Crayon) – Are you teacher? Start the school year off with a little friendly competition with the help of back to school word searches. Offer whichever student finishes the fastest a special treat like a piece of candy or a small privilege.
3. Back to School Hidden Word Search (Thrifty Mommas Tips) – This printable back to school word search is not just fun, but it is educational too. It can be a great way for your kiddo to practice spelling common school and school supply words.
4. Hidden Message Back to School Word Search (Woo Jr) – This back to school word search is two puzzles in one so it’s twice the fun! Consider snagging this word search, back to school printables, and other printable brain teasers to help stimulate your kiddo’s brain before he or she starts the new school year.
5. Printable Back to School Word Search (Education.com) – Here’s another back to school word search that is school themed. Looking for more fun worksheets and puzzles to use in the classroom (or at home)? Be sure to explore this website as they have many different free printables to choose from.
6. Beginners Back to School Word Search (Mrs. Bremer’s Class) – Looking for back to school word searches that are for “beginners?” Look no further. This particular printable word search is geared toward younger kids and is great for those that are new to the concept of word searches.
7. Free Printable Back to School Word Search (Puzzles to Print) – Snag any of several fun (and free!) back to school word searches here, including a general “school” word search and a geometry themed back to school word search.
Not sure which of these awesome back to school word searches to choose? Why not grab them all! You can use them at different points throughout the school year to keep your kid’s (or student’s) minds sharp.