Regardless of what you do for a living, there are probably plenty of nights when after a hard day’s work your dogs are just barking! Am I right? (By the way, by “dogs barking” I’m referring to your feet hurting… where did that saying even come from?)
Side tangent: If you’re really curious about how feet hurting somehow turned into dogs barking, you can find the answer here. If, on the other hand you have your curiosity under control, keep reading to get to the homemade foot soak recipe!
Instead of just letting your feat ache and ache, you can relax after that long day and sooth your feet with either a store bought foot soak or a foot soak DIY recipe (like the one in this article). Personally, I prefer a homemade foot soak for a couple of reasons.
1. Cost. Silly me, but I just LOVE saving money, and making products at home (including homemade foot soak) is often cheaper than purchasing them at the store.
2. Natural. I’m really not a fan of unpronounceable ingredients in products that I’m either ingesting or putting on my skin. Unfortunately, a lot of store bought foot soaks have these. Turning to a foot soak DIY recipe allows me to control the ingredients and live more naturally.
3. Customization. With a homemade foot soak recipe like this one, you can make adjustments to make the product fit your needs and preferences. You don’t have that kind of control with store bought alternatives. For example, with this foot soak DIY recipe you can make the product a pretty blue by adding food coloring… but you don’t have to. You could actually make it a different color if you wanted. In addition, if you wanted to take the relaxation up a notch with this homemade foot soak, you could add some lavender essential oil to the recipe.
If you’re still not totally convinced that a homemade foot soak is better than a store bought version, ask yourself this: What have you got to loose? You can whip up some of this homemade foot soak in approximately 5-10 minutes, so it isn’t like you’re investing tons of time or money. Go ahead, give this foot soak DIY recipe a try… your feet (or dogs) will thank you!
1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup unscented Epsom salt
1 cup baking soda
15 drops of therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil
Blue food coloring (optional)
8 oz. Mason jars
1. Add sea salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda to a large bowl; mix well.
2. Add 1 drop of food coloring (optional) to the bowl and mix it in either by hand or with the end of a spatula.
Tip: If mixing my hand, wear vinyl gloves, so you don’t end up looking like a smurf! 🙂
3. Add essential oil to the bowl and mix it in either by hand (you can wear the same vinyl gloves you used for the food coloring) or with the end of a spatula.
4. Scoop mixture (your homemade foot soak) into small Mason jars.
To use, simply scoop 1/4 cup of foot soak DIY mixture into a gallon of very warm water and relax!
If you enjoyed this homemade foot soak recipe and are ready to try more DIY projects be sure to:
– Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest board.
– Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
– Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Pinterest board.
– Check out these 14 easy DIY beauty product recipes.
– Check out these 5 homemade beauty face masks.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.