Regardless of what you do for a living, there are probably plenty of nights when after a hard day’s work your dogs are just barking! Am I right? (By the way, by “dogs barking” I’m referring to your feet hurting… where did that saying even come from?)
Side tangent: If you’re really curious about how feet hurting somehow turned into dogs barking, you can find the answer here. If, on the other hand you have your curiosity under control, keep reading to get to the homemade foot soak recipe!
Instead of just letting your feat ache and ache, you can relax after that long day and sooth your feet with either a store bought foot soak or a foot soak DIY recipe (like the one in this article). Personally, I prefer a homemade foot soak for a couple of reasons.
1. Cost. Silly me, but I just LOVE saving money, and making products at home (including homemade foot soak) is often cheaper than purchasing them at the store.
2. Natural. I’m really not a fan of unpronounceable ingredients in products that I’m either ingesting or putting on my skin. Unfortunately, a lot of store bought foot soaks have these. Turning to a foot soak DIY recipe allows me to control the ingredients and live more naturally.
3. Customization. With a homemade foot soak recipe like this one, you can make adjustments to make the product fit your needs and preferences. You don’t have that kind of control with store bought alternatives. For example, with this foot soak DIY recipe you can make the product a pretty blue by adding food coloring… but you don’t have to. You could actually make it a different color if you wanted. In addition, if you wanted to take the relaxation up a notch with this homemade foot soak, you could add some lavender essential oil to the recipe.
If you’re still not totally convinced that a homemade foot soak is better than a store bought version, ask yourself this: What have you got to loose? You can whip up some of this homemade foot soak in approximately 5-10 minutes, so it isn’t like you’re investing tons of time or money. Go ahead, give this foot soak DIY recipe a try… your feet (or dogs) will thank you!
1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup unscented Epsom salt
1 cup baking soda
15 drops of therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil
Blue food coloring (optional)
8 oz. Mason jars
1. Add sea salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda to a large bowl; mix well.
2. Add 1 drop of food coloring (optional) to the bowl and mix it in either by hand or with the end of a spatula.
Tip: If mixing my hand, wear vinyl gloves, so you don’t end up looking like a smurf! 🙂
3. Add essential oil to the bowl and mix it in either by hand (you can wear the same vinyl gloves you used for the food coloring) or with the end of a spatula.
4. Scoop mixture (your homemade foot soak) into small Mason jars.
To use, simply scoop 1/4 cup of foot soak DIY mixture into a gallon of very warm water and relax!
If you enjoyed this homemade foot soak recipe and are ready to try more DIY projects be sure to:
– Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest board.
– Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
– Follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty Pinterest board.
– Check out these 14 easy DIY beauty product recipes.
– Check out these 5 homemade beauty face masks.