As the end of the school year nears, let’s take time out to thank the special people in our children’s lives who do so much…the teachers. This list of 25 DIY teacher gifts are sure to inspire crafters and non-crafters alike. I encourage non-crafters, like myself, to check out this list because you may discover a DIY project that suits your skills (or in my case, lack thereof). See #9 for proof. 🙂
For more DIY inspiration, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Teacher Gifts Pinterest board!
Unique Flower Containers
Flower containers make great DIY teacher gifts! Say, “Happy Back to School” with these perfectly appropriate flower vases.
1. Teacher’s Rule Flower Vase: This clever DIY teacher gift is sure to put a smile on any educator’s face.
2. Flower Vase Made With #2 Pencils: Create a flower vase with #2 pencils and then finish it off with an alphabet ribbon.
3. ABC Flowers: This DIY teacher gift is not only super simple but also adorably creative. Jazz up a Mason jar with inexpensive alphabet magnets then top it off with a bow and cute greeting. You can download the free printable for the greeting over here.
4. Neon Dipped Flower Pots: Transform an ordinary clay pot into a chic neon flower pot. Any plant would be happy to call this pot home.
Personalized Gift Ideas
Help your child’s teacher make their classroom uniquely theirs, with these personalized DIY teacher gift ideas.
5. Monogrammed Etched Glass Jar: What an easy way to create an impressive personalized gift. This DIY teacher gift can be reused in a myriad of ways.
6. Alphabet Container: Here’s another practical and useful gift for the teacher. She can stash all kinds of little goodies in her personalized container.
7. Crayon Container: What teacher wouldn’t love a container made of crayons? This is way better than just a boring jar or mug.
8. Monogrammed Wreath: Holy creativity! Your child is sure to be teacher’s pet if you gift her this awesome monogrammed wreath!
9. Personalized Dry Erase Board: For the non-crafter (my hand is raised), here is my attempt at a DIY teacher gift that is super simple, useful and fun to make. I headed straight to my local Michaels store to pick up a dry erase board and a tub of foam stickers. Yep, that was all I needed to create a personalized dry erase board. Okay, not the world’s most creative DIY teacher gift, but it is thoughtful and should come in handy. On a side note, if you decide to make this do it yourself project, apparently the tub of foam stickers is incredibly appealing to small children (my 1 year old kept trying to eat them), so you may want to perform this project during nap time. 🙂
10. Chalkboard Sign: What a fun way to welcome the kids to class! This door sign is sure to excite little learners.
11. Personalized Tote Bag: This homemade gift is perfect for a variety of occasions like Mother’s Day, a birthday gift for grandma, or a thank you to the babysitter, but it also makes a sweet personalized DIY teacher gift as well.
12. Personalized Monkey Sign: With the help of a Cricut machine, the lid from a wine crate, and paint, you can create a pretty impressive sign for a teacher’s classroom.
Candy creations make great DIY teacher gift ideas. Brighten up your child’s teacher’s day with these ideas!
13. A is For Apple: This is my kind of apple, one filled with candy red hots!
14. Candy Bouquet: What’s not to love about this DIY teacher gift idea? It has three of my favorite things in a craft project: Easy, fun, and candy!
Useful Homemade Gifts
These super cute homemade DIY teacher gift ideas are sure to bring a smile to a special teacher’s day.
16. Pom Pom Bookmarks: The teacher can mark her page with this fluffy ball of cuteness.
17. Glass Magnets: What teacher can’t use some super fun magnets? Make this impressive DIY teacher gift in under an hour.
18. Cute Clipboards: Here’s a great way to spruce up a boring clipboard.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your DIY teacher gifts!
19. Vintage Chalkboard Globe: This idea comes from someone with real creativity! This vintage chalkboard globe is easier than it looks.
20. Live Laugh Love Tiles With Matching Gift Bags: Coordinating gift bags make these cute tiles the perfect DIY teacher gift.
21. Backpack Gift Boxes: Regardless of what’s inside, these adorable backpack gift boxes are sure to impress the teacher.
Ah…Relax, You Deserve It
After a day brightening up children’s lives, doesn’t your child’s teacher deserve to relax? These relaxation-themed DIY teacher gift ideas will help your child’s teacher relax and rejuvenate at the end of a busy day.
23. Homemade Tea Candles: What a classy presentation for homemade soy candles.
25. Decorative Heating Bags: Help the teacher relieve her aches and pains in style, have your child gift her a homemade decorative heating bag.