Want an easy homemade moisturizer that your mind and body will love? Look no further than this DIY moisturizer that contains chamomile and lavender!
Best Homemade Moisturizer Recipe: Homemade Chamomile and Lavender Body Moisturizer
Feeling stressed out? Why? You’ve only got a million and one things to do. 🙂 Just kidding, I get it. Life can be stressful… so, how about you take a little time to de-stress? I know, I know, you’re Busy (with a capital B), but all that stress is just not good for you. Taking even a few moments to relax can really boost your mental and physical health. One way I unwind is by treating myself to DIY spa-like treatments such as this homemade body moisturizer with chamomile and lavender essential oils.
While I’m sure an actual trip to the spa would work miracles, it simply isn’t in the budget (or the schedule) at the moment. Luckily, many spa treatments can easily be replicated at home. For instance, if you’re in the mood for a massage, whip up this homemade massage oil and enlist your spouse to help you work off some of that stress. Spas are also well known for their facial treatments, which you can replicate (at least in part) with this DIY moisturizer. (You may want to up the spa factor by starting out with this awesome microdermabrasion paste.)
I love this homemade skin moisturizer for a whole bunch of reasons. Hmmmm, where to begin? Well, for one, this homemade moisturizer recipe is sooo quick and easy. Other than the time it needs to sit in the fridge to solidify, this DIY moisturizer can be made in about 10 minutes. In addition to being simple, this homemade skin moisturizer is just so darn good for your skin (and your mental state).
This homemade moisturizer contains both chamomile and lavender essential oil. Here’s a closer look at their benefits:
Chamomile – This essential oil has been shown to help reduce anxiety. In fact, according to Dr. Axe, “A 2013 study published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found that an aromatherapy essential oil blend including lavender, Roman chamomile and neroli reduced anxiety levels in patients in an intensive care unit. The aromatherapy treatment effectively reduced the anxiety levels and improved the sleep quality of patients in ICU compared to conventional nursing intervention.”
In addition to helping to relieve anxiety this homemade moisturizer ingredient has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that will help sooth irritated skin.
Lavender – This essential oil has been known to help promote relaxation and good sleep. In addition, it possesses anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce swelling, redness, and itchiness.
In fact, when it comes to relaxation, this is probably the best homemade moisturizer recipe around. Tip: You can maximize your relaxation by taking a shower (or bath) with this homemade lavender body scrub first and then applying some of this homemade body moisturizer.
See, this homemade moisturizer has a lot to offer!
You can make this homemade skin moisturizer even more refreshing by leaving it in the fridge during the summer and applying it after coming in from the summer sun. Trust me, it’s nice and cool and a great way to grab a few moments of relaxation.
1. Place beeswax, coconut oil, and Shea butter in a small saucepan; heat on medium-low, stirring frequently, until completely melted.
2. Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator until the top surface is gelled over but not hardened.
Note: This should be approximately 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the fridge and either whisk briskly by hand or place in the bowl of a hand or stand mixer and mix well.
Note: I prefer the texture achieved by using my stand mixer.
4. Add in jojoba oil, lavender, and Roman chamomile and mix well.
5. Transfer to a small jar with a tight fitting lid and allow to harden.
Tip: You can speed this step up by placing the jar in the refrigerator.
Store your homemade moisturizer in a cool, dark place.
– – – – –
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.