DIY Scented Room Spray: Holiday Room Spray With Five Recipes
Have you seen those “nose blind” Febreze commercials? (If not, check out the one below.) Whether we like to admit it or not, those commercials are on to something. Even if your house is spic-n-span, it may still be holding on to unpleasant odors (like last night’s dinner) that you can no longer detect! Unfortunately, your guests can smell them. That’s why I came up with this DIY scented room spray.
Sure, I could just buy Febreze but in addition to being on the pricey side, it’s filled with chemicals I’d rather not expose my family and friends to. For example, Febreze contains nitrogen, alcohol, artificial fragrance, and dialkyl sodium sulfosuccinate. I’m not even sure how to pronounce that last one! On the other hand, this DIY scented room spray contains water, witch hazel, and essential oils. In other words, this DIY scented room spray is all natural.
By the way, I’m not trying to single out Febreze here. Most store-bought air freshener type products use these same chemicals and artificial ingredients.
In addition to being an all natural alternative to store-bought products, this DIY scented room spray smells great! There’s no chemical undertones or overpowering scents that tickle your nose. Nope, these DIY scented room sprays smell like the real deal… and that’s because they’re made with real ingredients.
Bonus: Making this DIY scented room spray is so easy I wouldn’t even call this a “recipe.” Once you’ve picked your DIY scented room spray scent, you just add the ingredients to a bottle and swirl to combine. Seriously, that’s it. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
The scents of the holidays are one of my favorite parts of the year. The smell of real wreaths and Christmas trees, the scent of baking cookies, and the crisp smell of peppermints. Mmmm! I love it. 🙂 These DIY scented room sprays really capture those awesome holiday smells and allow you to make your whole house smell festive any time. They’re a great way to take a holiday dinner or party to the next level and really create a festive atmosphere.
Tip: Consider keeping this DIY scented room spray in the bathroom in case one of your guests has to you… you know. Or, even better, whip up this poo pourri spray to prevent any embarrassing bathroom moments during your holiday get-togethers.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”w2TEhW9V” upload-date=”2018-04-24T08:07:37.000Z” name=”Essential Oils 101: Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit” description=”Want to try the best essential oils available? Check out the deal I have for new customers of Young Living Essential Oils.”]
In addition, these DIY scented room sprays make sweet (and frugal) gifts. Give one as a stand alone stocking stuffer or pair one with another DIY gift for a memorable set. For example, you could pair the Candy Cane Lane DIY scented room spray with this peppermint and green tea body butter and a few peppermint bath bombs for a peppermint themed holiday gift.
Room Refresher Base:
¾ cup distilled water
2 T. witch hazel
You will also need an 8 oz. metal spray bottle with a fine mist nozzle.
Five Holiday Room Spray Scent Recipes:
Take the base ingredients (listed above) and then choose one of the below holiday scents for your DIY scented room spray:
Candy Cane Lane DIY Scented Room Spray:
Christmas Forest DIY Scented Room Spray:
- 5 drops Idaho Balsam Fir essential oil
- 5 drops Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil
- 3 drops Blue Cyprus essential oil
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil
Holiday Spice DIY Scented Room Spray:
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 3 drops clove essential oil
- 5 drops nutmeg essential oil
Old Fashioned Christmas DIY Scented Room Spray:
Christmas Cookies DIY Scented Room Spray:
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Butter extract, 3 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 2 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 3 drops ginger essential oil
1. Choose one of the holiday scents listed above (in the ingredients section).
2. Add distilled water, witch hazel, and the ingredients needed for your holiday scent to the spray bottle.
3. Seal the bottle and swirl gently to combine.
4. Enjoy your DIY scented room spray!
If you liked this DIY scented room spray idea, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board for more DIY inspiration!
– – – – – –
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.
Leave a Reply