The holiday season can be especially hard on the wallet. You find yourself in the position of buying decorations, ingredients for family feasts, gifts for your family, friends, and coworkers, and the list goes on and on. However, when it comes to stocking stuffers, you don’t have to spend a ton to get an awesome gift. Below are 101 cheap stocking stuffers for kids most of which are under $10!
Here’s a quick index of cheap stocking stuffers so you can jump right to your little one’s age group!
In addition to these cheap stocking stuffers for kids, get them excited about the holidays by exercising their DIY skills! Be sure to follow my Christmas Crafts for Kids Pinterest board for inspiration and they’ll be having fun and feeling festive in no time!
1. Pacifiers, like the Gerber First Essentials 2 Pack Soft Center Latex Pacifier are a necessity for many little ones making them a great stocking stuffer idea. Plus with all the different designs available this gift can be useful, inexpensive, and pretty.
2. Board Books like the one pictured above, Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, by Annie Kubler are the prefect cheap stocking stuffers for young children as they possess the much needed durability to stand up to the rigors of little hands.
3. Cute Stocks are another useful and inexpensive stocking stuffer. Plus you have a wide variety of sock styles to choose from including those that look like shoes, animals, or come in every imaginable color. Not sure where to start? Check out the Gerber Unisex-Baby 6 Pack Variety Socks.
5. Rattles are another stocking stuffer option. Be warned though – while your little one will thoroughly enjoy creating a ruckus with his or her new toy you may not enjoy it quite so much! There are tons of different, inexpensive rattles to pick from, start by checking out Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Diamond Ring Rattle.
7. Teething Toys come in fun colors and charming designs (just take a look at The First Years Star Teething Blanket). These cheap stocking stuffers are a must have if your little one is teething this holiday season.
8. Sippy Cups like NUK Disney Winnie the Pooh 5 Ounces Learner Cup Silicone Spout are great for encouraging children who are transitioning from the bottle to a “big boy” or “big girl” cup.
9. Burp Cloths may be considered more of a gift for the parents than the children but burp clothes like Gerber Flannel Burp Cloths 4-Pack 100% Cotton Monkey are still a good choice.
10. Spoon, Fork and Plate Sets like Gerber Graduates My 1st Feeding Set Spoon, Fork and Plate are great if your little one is a bit of a picky eater. Having his or her own dishes, especially if they’re decorated, can make meal time a lot more fun.
13. Character Band-Aids are just the thing to make ouchies and boo-boos heal faster. Luckily, there are a wide variety of characters to choose from like Band-aid Bandages Disney Mickey Mouse so finding your child’s favorite shouldn’t be too difficult.
14. Hair Barrettes and Bows like Ema Jane – Neon Grosgrain Hair Bow Clips can be the perfect stocking stuffer for your little girl. After all, as all girls know, you can never have too many accessories!
15. Stuffed Animals can provide your child with a cute and cuddly friend to love on for years to come. You don’t have to go with the traditional teddy bear; get inspired by checking out Ty Pluffies Dangles Monkey.
16. Small Toys like Small World Sand & Water Toys (Peek-A-Boo Dump Truck) make for fun and inexpensive stocking stuffers.
17. Bubbles are an inexpensive stocking stuffer that will keep your children entertained for a long time; they’re a pretty good return on investment! Super charge your child’s bubble blowing experience with Little Kids Fubbles No-Spill Bubble Tumbler.
18. Finger Puppets like 12 Neon Monkey Vinyl Finger Puppets ZOO Animal Jungle make little fingers even cuter – if you can believe that!
19. Hat and Mittens like Riverstone Goods Toddler Boys & Girls Fleece Hat & Mittens Set are a practical, cheap stocking stuffer for kids and must haves for snowball fights and snowman building.
20. Coloring Books such as Santa’s Big Big Book to Color (Jumbo Coloring Book) are the perfect stocking stuffer to keep your child entertained.
21. Crayons or Markers are great for encouraging your artist in the making. A word of caution though, when getting crayons or markers for your little one, always remember this word: WASHABLE! Go for something like Crayola Washable Markers. Trust me on this, I learned the hard way.
22. Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste like Baby Banana Brush And Tooth Gel Combo Pack are just the thing to encourage good dental habits from early on. This stocking stuffer is sure to make your child want to brush his or her teeth!
23. Tooth Brush Sanitizer will ensure your child’s special toothbrush is clean and ready to use. If you’re looking for an affordable option check out Dr Tung’s Children Snap-on Portable Antibacterial Toothbrush Sanitizer.
26. Holiday Rubber Duckies can be just the thing to get your chid in the holiday spirit – even during bath time! Check out these super cute Holiday Rubber Duckys (Reindeer, Elf, Snowman, Santa).
27. Cheerios Cereal Cups are a nutritious and yummy snack as well as an inexpensive stocking stuffer.
28. Wash Clothes like this Washcloth Set (Light Pink, Medium Pink, Dark Pink, White) from Gerber will make your child feel extra special at bath time.
31. Goldfish Crackers are another edible stocking stuffer option. After all, who doesn’t love Goldfish? Try not to eat them all yourself!
35. Self-Inking Stamps like Jungle Zoo Safari Stampers Self-ink Stamps are a good stocking stuffer idea if you’re feeling a bit brave this holiday season. Depending on your little one’s age I recommend close supervision!
36. Novelty Erasers like Iwako Japanese Puzzle Take Apart Erasers Zoo Animals may soften the blow of having to return to school after Christmas break.
37. Jewelry is perfect for the little lady in your life (or the adult one – hint, hint all you husbands out there!). This Hello Kitty Balloon Dreams Necklace Charm Flower is sure to have your home ringing with squeals of delight!
39. Nail Polish can lead to some great mother-daughter time. Go ahead, treat each other to manicures. For any color you can imagine, there’s a nail polish to match, but start your search by checking out Teddy Bear (shimmering pale pink).
40. Nail Art Stickers like Cute Hello Kitty Nail Art Glitter Tattoo Stickers Decals are just the thing to finish that mother-daughter manicure off.
45. Stickers are the perfect gift idea if your child is crafty. The possibilities with stickers are almost endless from scrapbooking to decorating school notebooks. Be sure to get the most bang for your buck; check out the Super Sticker Assortment (1,000 Stickers).
46. Gloves like N’ice Caps Girls Circle Scroll Print Ski Glove may not be met with an abundance of joy at least initially, but your child will certainly be appreciative when its bitterly cold outside and he or she wants to indulge in some winter fun. Sledding anyone?
47. Sidewalk Chalk will have your child looking forward to warmer weather. This stocking stuffer is a great way for your child to showcase his or her artistic ability as well as spruce up the sidewalk in front of your house. Check out ALEX Toys – Chubby Rainbow Jumbo Chalks and Plastic Holders.
52. Bubble Bath is a great way to pamper and relax your child after all the fun family get-togethers that go along with the holidays. Try Circle of Friends Sophia’s Ciao Bella! Bubble Bath – you’ll love it and probably find yourself sneaking a little for yourself. Hey, parents have to unwind too!
54. Small Note Pads with cool designs like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Mimi Mini Note Pads are a great way to get your child excited about heading back to school once the holidays are over.
55. My Little Pony Toys like My Little Pony Princess Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash Figures are perfect for your My Little Pony fan.
57. Magnets are a great way to encourage your child to proudly display his or her works of art, school work, or anything else. Get alphabet magnets to encourage his or her spelling skills or these fun Design Ideas Night Owl Magnets.
58. Barbie Outfits like Barbie I Can Be Doll Fashion Outfit (Musician Violin) will be a hit; now Barbie can play dress up too!
59. Travel Games such as Scavenger Hunt For Kids Cards are a must have if your family will be doing some traveling this holiday season – trust me, this will make the experience more enjoyable for everyone involved.
60. Silly Straws are one way to encourage your child to drink all their milk, juice, or any other beverage you put before them. Check out 36 Crazy Loop Straws to get a lot of silly straws for not much money.
62. Sunglasses are an inexpensive but fun (and necessary) fashion accessory. They come in a variety of styles, sizes, and colors; start your search by checking out Kids Children DG Designer Fashion Sunglasses.
63. Wooden Puzzles like Velociraptor Dinosaur 3D Woodcraft Construction Kit will keep your child challenged and entertained for hours.
64. Earmuffs like gloves, might not be an initial fan favorite but your child will change his or her tune once they head outside for some winter fun. Check out some cute and warm earmuffs like N’ice Caps Girls Currier and Ives Winter Print Adjustable Pile Ear Muff.
70. Friendship Bracelet Kits like Friendship Bracelets are perfect for the creative, crafty kid in your family. Plus, she’ll have a ball getting together with her friends and decorating each others’ wrists.
72. Glitter Pens like Sakura Gelly Roll Assorted Colors Stardust Meteor Pen Set are sure to be a hit with any girl. After all, everything is better with a little bling right?
73. Watches: are a useful and inexpensive stocking stuffer idea for anyone in the family. Plus, they can be a pretty awesome fashion accessory; just check out Timex Girls’ “Time Teacher” Floral Elastic Strap Watch.
75. Crazy Socks let your child get crazy even on a school day. Check out All Mixed Up Girls Mix & Match Ankle (Anklet) Socks as a starting point for finding some wild footwear.
76. Lip Gloss like Bonne Bell Lip Smackers Lip Smacker Party Pack are a fun and tasty stocking stuffer gift. Yep, the biggest potential issue with gifting flavored lip gloss is the difficulty in resisting licking it off.
79. Small Photo Albums are a must have now that nearly everyone is equipped with a camera. Photo albums like Pioneer Expressions Album are a great way for your child to store all of his or her favorite photos.
81. Locker Mirrors are probably a must have for the young woman in your life so that she can ensure she’s ready to impress while running between classes. Check out this great option: Magnetic Locker Blue Framed Mirror.
85. Key Chains are a fun way for your child to store his or her house keys or car keys so maybe they won’t get lost (that last part is probably just wishful thinking). Check out this cute keychain to get inspired: Love Your Breed Acrylic Keychain.
87. Travel Size Toiletries make great stocking stuffers for boys and girls alike. They can take them on sleepovers, use them at school, or put them to use on family trips. This 9-Piece Women’s Travel Kit with Zippered Bag should get you started.
89. iTunes Gift Card are sure to be appreciated by most kids (and adults for that matter) since they can be used to download music, apps, movies, books, and more!
92. Small Calculators linke Sharp Electronics Translucent 3 Key Memory Youth Calculator are great for math class and personal use (i.e. totaling up all of those shoe purchases).
93. Pocket Knives are an inexpensive and practical stocking stuffer if you think your child is responsible enough. Not sure which kind of pocket knife to buy? Check out this Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife from Victorinox.
96. Diary with Lock and Key like Hot Focus Peace Diary with Lock and Keys are a tried and true gift. A diary will provide her with a resource (and needed security) to share her personal thoughts and dreams.
97. Disposable Cameras are still a stocking stuffer option despite the fact that many kids have cameras on their phones; disposable cameras are just the thing for passing around on field trips, slumber parties, and school dances. Capture every Kodak moment with Kodak 35mm Single Use Camera w/ Flash.
98. Cell Phone Cases allow kids to show their individuality while providing a much needed service: protection. Why not give them one they’re proud to rock out with like Bling Zebra Skin (Pink/Hot Pink) Diamante.
This stocking stuffer is especially inexpensive when you buy them from DiscountMags.com where you can score up to 80% off on subscriptions to popular magazines.
100. Mascara, especially a nice, non-clumping brand will be much appreciated by the girl who likes makeup. Try Bareminerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara.
There you have it – 101 inexpensive stocking stuffer ideas! From my family to yours – happy holidays!