Looking to add a little frugal romance to your Valentine’s Day? Look no further than this easy homemade massage oil recipe!
Personally, I’m an advocate of staying in on Valentine’s Day. However, that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t appreciate a thoughtful gift and candlelit dinner (hint, hint)! I just don’t find scrambling for a babysitter, packing into an overcrowded restaurant, and overpaying for food to be particularly romantic (or budget friendly). Instead, Mr. Freebie Finding Mom and I typically stay home and tackle a Valentine’s dinner recipe together and exchange small, thoughtful gifts. This year I’m planning to surprise him with this homemade massage oil recipe. Don’t tell. 😉
Tip: You’ll find some of my other favorite fun and frugal DIY Valentine’s Day gifts at the end of this article BUT if you’re totally opposed to making something, here are 75 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for him.
Now, back to the homemade massage oil recipe….
This homemade massage oil recipe is incredibly simple to make. It’ll take you less than 3 minutes. Between you and me, if you keep essential oils on hand, this would be the perfect gift if you goof and completely forget Valentine’s Day. I’m sure that won’t happen to you right? 🙂
In addition to being easy, this homemade massage oil recipe is made with natural ingredients so you don’t have to worry about sticky, greasy, or skin irritating ingredients like those you’d find in some store-bought brands. However, my favorite aspect of this homemade massage oil recipe is that the essential oils involved smell amazing and are libido and mood boosters.
In other words, this homemade massage oil recipe is a great way to unwind and get in a more romantic frame of mind. Plus, the physical connection with your special someone will help you two reconnect mentally.
Bonus: You can use this homemade massage oil recipe on a regular basis to moisturize and perfume your skin. In fact, ylang ylang essential oil is a key ingredient Channel No. 5! Trust me, dab a little bit of this homemade massage oil recipe on your neck, chests, or wrists and you’ll feel like you just put on a high dollar perfume.
Another way to create a romantic atmosphere this Valentine’s Day is with this homemade rose and sandalwood linen spray.
1. Add all ingredients to a small bottle.
2. Shake well to fully combine.
3. Store in a cool dark place.
1. Shake well before each use.
Note: If desired, this homemade massage oil recipe can be warmed before use. However, heat it in very low intervals, checking frequently, to avoid over-heating and burns to the skin.
2. Pour some into your palm and rub hands together to warm slightly.
3. Work massage oil into skin.
Looking for more fun like this homemade massage oil recipe? Be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
Tip: Want to give your Valentine a little something to commemorate the day but have a minuscule budget? No worries! Consider one of these super sweet and inexpensive DIY Valentine’s Day gifts:
- You Rock My Socks Gift
- Hooked On You Gummy Worm Gift Jar
- You Are One Hot Tamale Gift
- I Like the Way You Roll Gift
- I Am Nuts About You Gift
- I Have a Crush on You Gift
- I Love You to Pieces Gift
- You’re the Bomb Gift
- You Make My Heart Glow Gift
- You’re Such a Stud Muffin Gift
Have you tried this homemade massage oil recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.