Homemade Linen Spray Recipe: Rose and Sandalwood Pillow & Linen Spray
While there’s a lot I like about the winter I could definitely do without shoveling the driveway and the stale smell the house gets after being closed up for so long. If you don’t have this problem, it’s hard to explain. It’s not a bad odor (like garbage) since I stick to a pretty strict cleaning schedule but more of a stagnant, un-fresh smell. In addition, with the house shut up tight as a drum, any smells (ex. from cooking) tend to linger which can be unpleasant. That’s where homemade linen spray can really come in handy.
I always make sure to have some homemade linen spray on hand during the winter months. It’s a quick and easy way to freshen up the house since you can spritz it on pretty much any soft surface including the little ones stuffed animals. If this was a store-bought product, I’d be pretty leery about spraying it on his snuggly items but since this homemade linen spray contains only natural ingredients I know it’s safe.
Bonus: This homemade linen spray is so easy to make. You can literally be spritzing your pillows in just 5 minutes. While this homemade linen spray recipe is for a rose and sandalwood scent, since the recipe is so simple, you can easily experiment with other scents.
I chose this rose and sandalwood essential oil scent for my homemade linen spray in honor of Valentine’s Day. The hubby and I typically stay home on V Day since getting a babysitter takes a minor miracle and the crowds are anything but romantic so I thought this homemade linen spray would be a great way to create a more intimate environment.
The sandalwood essential oil in this homemade linen spray provides mental clarity. In fact, a 2006 study that evaluated the effect of sandalwood oil on attention and arousal levels found that those who received it “felt more mentally aware and demonstrated behaviors linked to increased attention and cognitive clarity.”
The rose essential oil in this homemade linen spray is a double threat. It is an aphrodisiac and an antidepressant.
Since this homemade linen spray provides mental clarity and can boost your mood you have to admit it’s pretty great year round.
In addition to spritzing the house with this homemade linen spray, I’ll be trying out some other stay-at-home Valentine’s Day recipes. My menu isn’t final yet but I’m considering these:
While you can use this homemade linen spray on pretty much any soft surface including pillows, blankets, furniture (ex. couch cushions), curtains, shower curtains, towels, pet beds, and stuffed animals, if you’re looking for something to freshen the air in your home try this DIY scened room spray.
1. Pour distilled water into a large spray bottle with a fine mister.
Note: Avoid messes by using a funnel or a measuring cup with a pour spot.
2. Add witch hazel and essential oils.
3. Shake homemade linen spray to combine ingredients.
Tip: Label your bottle so you know what scent you have on hand.
1. Shake homemade linen spray bottle.
2. Mist linens lightly before ironing, on your pillows after making the bed, across curtains, or on a shower curtain to freshen up the bathroom.
Looking for a homemade linen spray that promotes relaxation? This lavender linen spray is perfect for bedtime.
Tip: Use this monster spray variation on the lavender linen spray to help the little one who is afraid of what’s lurking under the bed get a good night’s sleep.
For more DIY hacks and projects, be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Fun Pinterest board.
– – – – –
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.