Get your home Halloween ready with the help of frugal and free printable Halloween decorations like these frugal Halloween buntings! Choose from two spooktacular options—a ghost bunting and a Halloween pumpkin bunting.
Are you excited for these Halloween buntings? Oh, what’s that, you don’t even know what a bunting is? It’s sort of like a banner, but to be more specific…..
A bunting is any festive decoration made of fabric, or a material that’s intended to imitate fabric, placed on a string. In this instance, we’re using paper. Often the fabric (or material) is cut to look like triangular or pointed flags.
In other words, a Happy Halloween bunting (or any bunting) is just a frugal way to decorate. You could create a bunting for any occasion, such as a baby shower or birthday party. In this case, we’re using these Halloween buntings to get in the spirit of the season!
Let’s take a look at your options….
Haunted Halloween Bunting
This Halloween bunting features a mischievous (hopefully, friendly) ghost as well as the word “Boo.” The black and white color scheme is a little more modern. I would say this is less of a “Happy” Halloween bunting, and more of a haunting one. If you’re looking for something that is a smidge scary, but not so frightening it’ll have your little one climbing into bed with you every night, go with this option!
Halloween Pumpkin Bunting
This Halloween pumpkin bunting is definitely a Happy Halloween bunting … it even says so! 🙂 This printable Halloween decoration offers an easy way to add a pop of color to any room.
Printable Halloween Decorations: Halloween Bunting Materials
Here’s what you’ll need to put your own Halloween bunting together:
- Halloween bunting printable
- Paper – Consider thicker paper for best results
- Glue or tape
Printable Halloween Decorations: Halloween Bunting Directions
1. Print out your chosen Halloween bunting. Consider using a thicker paper, like cardstock.
Note: If you aren’t a fan of either of the above options or want something closer to a free printable Halloween decoration, you can bring your own from scratch idea to life using free printable bubble letters templates and some of the Halloween printables (like the free bat printables) that are in the next section.
2. Cut out all of the flags with letters on them and the characters (pumpkins or ghosts) with as much precision as possible.
3. Follow the directions on each piece. For example, on the Halloween pumpkin bunting jack-o-lantern pieces, where it says cut, cut on the little line. On the flags, you’ll want to fold where it says to fold.
4. Once you’ve folded the tops over, you’ll want to use a little piece of tape or a small amount of glue to create a loop. You want to attach the top of the flag to the back of the piece, creating a space you can thread the string through.
5. Thread the string through the pieces.
Tip: If you find that your pieces are crowding together, you can tie knots in the string to help hold them in place
6. Hang your Halloween bunting!
Tip: Above is the Halloween bunting I created for my home! I created it using the Cricut Explore 3. The only adjustments I made was I used a Cricut font for the letters, and I resized the images. You can learn more about the Cricut Explore 3 and all of the awesome things it can do here.
Bonus: If you enjoyed making your very own printable Halloween decorations in the form of a Halloween bunting, here are more Halloween arts and crafts projects!
Free Printable Halloween Decorations
These Halloween buntings are fun and frugal but they may not be enough to give you thrills and chills. Here are some free printable Halloween decorations to take your home to the next level! 🙂