Okay, so autumn hasn’t officially started… and the pumpkin spice latte isn’t back at Starbucks yet, but summer is drawing to a close. If you are a fan of the fall like me (after all, I decided it was the perfect season to get married in), there’s no reason not to get into the spirit now. A great fall craft that’ll get you thinking about brightly colored leaves and cooler weather is these DIY pumpkin wine glass centerpieces.
These wine glass centerpieces have a lot to offer….
For starters, they’re pretty inexpensive to make. All you need is some paint, brushes, rope, and wine glasses. Bonus: Since you need different sized wine glasses you should be able to pick them up for practically nothing at a garage sale or thrift store (I see mis-matched pieces all the time).
On top of being a frugal craft, these wine glass centerpieces are relatively simple. They require only 10 steps but a few of those are just applying an additional layer of paint. Seriously even someone that is DIY challenged can take this craft on. The fact that there are 3 different pumpkins in this wine glass centerpiece means that it’s totally okay for the face to look a little different on each. See, your “flaws” give them character!
Lastly, these wine glass centerpieces make an adorable centerpiece whether you’re hosting Thanksgiving, having a Halloween party, entertaining friends, or simply sitting around the table with your family. In other words, they’re good enough for company but not too formal for a casual dinner or get together.
Ready to get started with these DIY wine glass centerpieces? Here’s what you’ll need…
1. Wash and dry wine glasses.
2. Paint the bowl of your wine glasses orange and the base and stem of the glasses green.
3. Allow to dry (approximately 10 minutes).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 again. Yes, you should have a total of 3 coats of paint.
Note: Do not move on to step 6 until the paint is dry!
6. Paint about 5 yellow lines on top of the orange, then smooth out with your finger.
7. After the yellow paint dries, begin painting your green stem onto the bowl of your wine glass to look like a pumpkin. (Should only take one coat.)
8. With a small paint brush, begin painting the face onto the bowl with black paint, be creative and make each face a little different, and let dry (approximately 10 minutes).
9. Add a second coat of black paint to the face and let dry overnight.
10. All your cute little pumpkins need now is a small piece of hemp rope tied around the stem, and they are ready for your dining table.
Your pumpkin wine glass centerpieces will be so cute you won’t want to take them down when winter rolls around!
Tip: If you want a more “grown up” or “classy look,” you could omit the faces of the pumpkin wine glass centerpieces. While this look isn’t as fun (in my opinion), it is a little more “harvest” than “Halloween”.
For more easy and fun DIY home decor ideas, follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Decorating Ideas Pinterest board.
Here’s to a great fall!