Confession: I’m a bit of a cookie addict… and judging by how fast they go around my house, I’m not the only one! 🙂 To feed our “habit”, I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting recipes. I’m especially interested in healthy cookie recipes. (Yes, they exist.) My latest find? This eggless cookie recipe for chocolate chip cookies.
Admittedly, no one in my family is vegan or allergic to eggs, but this eggless cookie recipe sounded tasty and I’m always up to try a new cookie. With all the food allergies out there, I’d definitely consider making this eggless cookie recipe the next time I participate in a bake sale or need a dish for a get-together.
This eggless cookie recipe showed me that there truly is a cookie out there for everyone, regardless of your dietary choices or needs. For example, if you’re gluten-free, there’s this gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe and if you’re trying to work more veggies and fiber into your diet there’s this zucchini oat chocolate chip cookie recipe. See what I mean?
Anyway, back to this yummy eggless cookie recipe. You may be hesitant to try it but don’t be. You won’t even notice there aren’t eggs in these chocolate chip cookies. They taste great. Furthermore, this eggless cookie recipe is no harder to make than any other standard chocolate chip cookies. You’ll need about 15 minutes of prep time and then you just let the oven do its thing. From start to finish, you’re only about 30 minutes away from ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies.
If you’re nostalgic for classic chocolate chip cookies, I highly recommend this eggless cookie recipe. The scent of these cookies baking in the oven was incentive enough to make them! 🙂
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon water
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl; mix for 2-3 minutes.
3. Mix in flour and baking soda.
4. Mix in water, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
5. Using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
6. Form dough into golf ball sized balls and place on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Right after cookies come out of the oven, lightly press the tops down with the bottom of a glass.
9. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Did you try this eggless cookie recipe? Share your experience in the comments!
Oh, and if you tried this eggless cookie recipe and are ready for more, here are some of my other favorite cookie recipes:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl; mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in flour and baking soda.
- Mix in water, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Using a spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into golf ball sized balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Right after cookies come out of the oven, lightly press the tops down with the bottom of a glass.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!