When you think of Christmas, what’s the first food that comes to mind? Cookies? Me too! I can’t imagine Christmas without cookies. The thought invokes cozy memories of baking on snowy days, the kitchen a blur of sprinkles, flour, and powdered sugar. Plus after baking comes the sweet reward of cookies! Of course, now that the little man is around I’ve got to make sure to save some for Santa! 🙂
Unfortunately, it seems like the older I get the busier the holidays get meaning baking those delicious Christmas cookies often gets pushed to the back burner. Carving out the time necessary to whip up a batch (or 10) seems next to impossible… and I don’t think I’m alone. So if you’re a busy mom or dad (or person) but don’t want to relinquish the tradition of Christmas cookies, read on! I’m about to serve up 41 easy Christmas cookies recipes.
These easy Christmas cookies are also perfect for the novice baker. If you aren’t overly confident in your kitchen prowess but want to impress your family members, friends, and coworkers, read on! You’re sure to find just the thing among these easy Christmas cookies recipes.
1. Chocolate Christmas Cookies in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – Easy Christmas cookies don’t get much well, easier than this! Just add your ingredients to a Mason jar and voilà, you’re ready to give the gift of amazing (and easy) Christmas cookies to some lucky person.
2. Reese’s Pieces Cookies in a Jar (Freebie Finding Mom) – If you’re trying to save money on gifts this year (and who isn’t?), I highly recommend trying this easy Christmas cookies in a jar idea. It’s frugal, easy, heartfelt, and delicious!
3. Double Chocolate Christmas Cookies (Ally’s Sweet and Savory Eats) – If you’re facing a time crunch this holiday season, these easy Christmas cookies are for you! You only need 5 ingredients to whip up a batch of these ooey-gooey chocolatey cookies.
4. Soft Gingerbread Maple Cookies (Ally’s Sweet and Savory Eats) – This recipe is an irresistible twist on the traditional gingerbread man cookie. This version definitely qualifies as an “easy Christmas cookie” and is a whole lot less messy which makes it a winner in my book!
5. Brownie Crackles Cookies (My World Simplified) – A brownie in a cookie? Umm, yes please! Christmas is not the only time I’ll be making these easy Christmas cookies.
6. Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies (Carmela Pop) – Hot chocolate is a winter staple in my home. It’s such a perfect cozy-up-to-the-fire beverage (even when there isn’t a fire) that I can’t resist. I’m super excited to learn that I can now eat hot chocolate thanks to this easy Christmas cookies recipe!
7. Lemon Cookies with Lemon Frosting (Carmela Pop) – Here’s an amazing easy Christmas cookie for those who prefer something with a little “pucker” (tartness) to it. You’ll only need 10 minutes of prep time to get these creamy lemony cookies!
8. Sprinkle Cookies (Carmela Pop) – Stick with green and red sprinkles for these easy Christmas cookies to give them a more festive appearance.
9. Peppermint Meringue Cookies (Living Sweet Moments) – This is the easy Christmas cookies recipe that just keeps on giving! Once you get through the crunchy exterior there’s a melt-in-your-mouth chocolatey Kiss hiding inside. Feel free to get creative with this recipe by trying different Hershey Kiss flavors.
10. Snowman Oreo Cookies (Living Sweet Moments) – If you’ve got a little extra time, these easy Christmas cookies are great for little hands. Your kids will have a blast decorating their own snowmen and then devouring them later!
11. Walnut Snowball Cookies (Living Sweet Moments) – Need a tasty easy Christmas cookie for someone who is lactose intolerant? Look no further! These crumbly and sweet snowball cookies are 100% dairy free.
12 Chocolate Blossom Cookies (Living Sweet Moments) – These bite-sized easy Christmas cookies are simply irresistible. Seriously. You’ll have a hard time stopping at just one (or two). Tip: You can mix up the look of these cookies by using different colors of M&Ms or flavors of Kisses.
13. Italian Macaron Cookies (The Good Hearted Woman) – Being gluten-free does not mean you have to forgo Christmas cookies this holiday season. Here’s a super yummy and super easy Christmas cookies recipe just for you!
14. Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (Thirfty DIY Diva) – These easy Christmas cookies incorporate just the right amount of peppermint to satisfy your holiday craving but not overpower the chocolatey goodness!
15. Hershey’s Cocoa Kiss Chocolate Cookies (Thirfty DIY Diva) – The only problem with this easy Christmas cookies recipe? The struggle to not eat all the Hershey Kisses before adding them to the cookies!
16. Lebkuchen (Paul’s Food World) – Don’t let the name fool you, these really are easy Christmas cookies. Bonus: Your house is going to smell amazing when you bake them thanks to all the aromatic spices!
17. Soft Spiced Cocoa Pumpkin Cookies (Strength & Sunshine) – These easy Christmas cookies are almost too healthy to be considered “cookies” (in my opinion). They’re gluten-free, vegan, and packed with good-for-you ingredients like pumpkin and quinoa.
18. Snowflake Cookies (A Spark of Creativity) – Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! These easy Christmas cookies are just the kind of snow I can handle… no shoveling required (well, unless you’re going to shovel them into your mouth)!
19. Rum Balls (Ann’s Entitled Life) – Here’s another bite-sized holiday treat. According to the chef, these easy Christmas cookies are great to make ahead of time and store well.
20. Candy Cane Cookies (Ann’s Entitled Life) – While these easy Christmas cookies do require more prep time than some of the other recipes in this article, they aren’t complicated to make and are well worth the time. Biting into one is like Christmas for your tastebuds.