Valentine’s Day Cookies Recipe: Strawberry Milkshake Cookies
Valentine’s Day comes at a pretty inconvenient time for me and my budget. I mean, come on, we’re not even 60 days out from Christmas! My wallet is still feeling pretty battered from the holiday rush, and now it’s time to spend more money. At first, you may be thinking “Eh, Valentine’s Day isn’t that big of a deal… you just get a card, some candy, and maybe flowers. That’s not so pricey!” Unfortunately, all that adds up. In fact, according to US News, last year the average person spent over $142 on Valentine’s Day. Ouch!
Anyway, this Valentine’s Day, I’m trying to do something a little more frugal and thoughtful. Instead of buying a gift off of store shelves, I’m going for homemade and heartfelt. Enter Valentine’s Day cookies recipes. Whether you need a gift for your spouse, child, or for your little one to take to school, Valentine’s Day cookies recipes can save the day (and your bank account).
Bonus: Most Valentine’s Day cookies recipes, including this one, are pretty simple to make. You don’t have to be Julia Child to pull them off (which I certainly am not).
This Valentine’s Day cookies recipe for strawberry milkshake cookies is perfect for February 14th. Not only is the finished product pink and white (fitting, right?), but it tastes like strawberries and chocolate. Yum!
Just try not to eat them all before February 14th!
1 box strawberry cake mix
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, vanilla, and baking powder using a hand mixer.
3. Fold in white chocolate chips with a spatula.
4. Scoop out dough using a tablespoon.
5. Form dough into small balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy!
See what I mean? This Valentine’s Day cookies recipe is super easy. You can whip up a batch in 30 minutes or less.
If you’re onboard with the idea of a homemade and heartfelt Valentine’s Day but need a little extra inspiration, brace yourself… you’re about to get loads of creative and frugal ideas including:
– 25 Heartfelt Homemade Valentine’s Day Gifts
– 6 Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards
– 25 Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards
– Fruit Roll-Ups Fortune Cookie Valentines
– Valentine’s Day Cookies Recipe: Heart Shaped Stained Glass Window Cookies
– I Am Nuts About You Gift with FREE Printable Gift Tag
– Hooked on You Gummy Worm Gift Jar with FREE Printable Gift Tag
– I Have a Crush on You Gift with FREE Printable Gift Tag
Happy Valentine’s Day!
What are your favorite Valentine’s Day cookies recipes and sweets? Please share in the comments.